Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhuvan211119 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2015, 11:09 AM
    Hindu christian marriage
    My friend is in love with a christian guy.. she wants to marry him without converting.. is there a way?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 11:36 AM
    They can marry on whatever terms they so decide on between them. Will that satisfy those outside this relationship? Probably not especially with the families of either of them.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2015, 05:45 PM
    Go to a Justice of the Peace or any civil marriage. Religion does not enter.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Apr 13, 2015, 10:42 PM
    Yes, she definitely can marry him without being convert. BUT, there should be a mutual agreement and understanding between both of them. And Specially, If the parents are OK with it. It will be good if they both talk about the consequences and changes they may face in their day today life Because of there different religion.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 10:45 PM
    They also must discuss what religion they will be raising their children.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Apr 13, 2015, 10:59 PM
    Yes, as J_9 suggested that's a very important thing to ask, because some family may allow a daughter in law to follow her own religion but they definitely would want their grand children to follow their own religion or which is father's religion. It usually happens in all religion. For example they may allow celebrating Diwali, but may not allow going to temple and do all the Hindu rituals. Hope it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indian protestant church for a christian &hindu marriage ceremony [ 2 Answers ]

A christian girl wants to marry a hindu boy in protestant church in india without conversion of the boy.Is this possible in any church in india?

Hindu Christian marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Dear all, I am a hindu girl from a renowned Hindu family. I am to marry a Christian boy as we ve been in love for past 6 yrs. His father insists the marriage be conducted in his church (syrian orthodox church) is it necessary to be converted to Christianity to do this church marriage? I am a very...

Hindu christian marriage [ 0 Answers ]

I am a Hindu 27y/male. I'm in love with a christian(Roman Catholic) girl 25y. My parents are ready for our marriage.But her parents are not ready for the same. Now she is at her home like a home arrest. When she contacted me, she was ready to marry me at any cost.. Finally we think of register the...

I am a hindu boy and I loving a hindu girl . My parents told OK for the marriage But [ 2 Answers ]

I am a hindu boy and I loving a hindu girl . My parents told OK for the marriage. But her mother not accepting our love marriage. How to convince her mother.How to solve this problem...

View more questions Search