Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spirital Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 11:17 PM
    The death smell
    Hiya everyone
    I'm knew to this but I do have a serious question

When my dad died 2.5 yrs ago there was this odour sweet but sickly
    my daughter and I have both smelt this smell and for the 2 weeks it followed me.

now every now and then I can still smell it.

I had just recently been to a friends house who I'd hadn't visited before and she was catering for this cloths party. I 'd been there an hour and then the smell was so strong no one esle said anything and I certainly didn't .

I kept thinking to myself someone else was here who wasn't invited.

Am I reading into to much???????????????

or has anyone else experience this ???????????

Is this the spirit world??????????????
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2008, 09:57 AM

Yes, it's your dad trying to tell you he's still around looking out for you. This is quite common. My son had a friend who wore some distinct strong German cologne. After he died in Feb of this year we smelled the cologne on various objects in our home. It was one of my favorite smells as I knew that this person was "watching over us" sort of thing and actually looked forward to smelling the cologne again. What was odd was the fact an object would smell (sometimes actually reek) of the cologne, but the scent would not come off on our hands after handling the object.
    black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Nov 28, 2008, 10:27 AM

It is said that spirits have abilities to let the loved ones they left behind, know that they are still around. The most easiest way for them is to leave their scent; the only thing is if someone died of a disease you will always smell death or if a person died of fire you will smell burned flesh, later on it can change into the smell they used to have or wore like a perfume or after shave. If spirits master this skill they seem to learn other skills like to put on lights, open doors or turn on your TV or radio. They can also show themselves but will only do that if the person involved is ready for this.

Although you might not be able to see your father just tell him that you know that he's there. Remember he is not further away than one thought. He will probably soon appear in one of your dreams.

Blessed be!
    spirital Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 02:33 PM

I think he is trying to talk to me in my dreams as I've never had a dream about him yet!

But someone is trying to reach me as I've been having the same recurring dream and I wake the whole house hold and I've been crying at the end of it.

All I see is a dark out line of a man
    I'd thought I'd had stop as I had not had a dream for almost 8 month like this.
    Until 2 nights ago I woke screaming and crying but don't remember a thing.
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Nov 30, 2008, 03:48 PM

I, about 2 months ago, smelled a roast cooking in my office. Then 2 nights ago I smelled a sweet smell while sitting watching TV. It lasted about 10 minutes then it was gone. I loved both experiences because I think it means someone from the other side is trying to tell me something and that soon I will know what that is. Patti
    Rosie Johnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2013, 08:51 AM
    Hi my beautiful sister died two weeks ago and I keep gettting this terrible smell, which I am the only one who is getting it, its really bad and upsetting as she was lovely and always smelled really nice. Is this her way of telling us that someone did this that it was not her choice to go as we don't know what happened her yet. Hear broken Rose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Smell of death dreams [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 2 days I have been having dreams that actually smell like death, Is there a meaning or something I should know about these dreams I have been having. Please let me know if there is anyone that knows about these drese I am having.

Weird death smell [ 30 Answers ]

All right. Me and my friend were talking in my famialy room and a weird odor came to me. Making me almost sick. Gagging like. It smelled like death. And I looked on Google for possible answers. My friend has been for a long time in communication with many ghosts. They only talk to her when she's...

Smell of death [ 11 Answers ]

Just yesterday I tried to lie down for a nap with my 15 month old in the guess room of our house, and suddenly this over whelming smell filled the room, it wasn't making me gag but it made me really scared and leave the room. The smell, to me, smelled like death, the way my grandfather smelled at...

Bad breath smell of death [ 2 Answers ]

My husband hasn't been to a dentist in at least 35 years.His teeth and gums are a mess.He bleeds on his pillow every night .He works as a trash truck driver so all day he is surrounded by airborne bacterias and doesn't wash hands before eating.He also only showers once a week.He refuses to get...

Smell of death [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am doing some research for a story and wanted to know if their was a distinctive smell a body that is in rigour mortis for about four hours gives off? How would a body smell if your nose was close to the skin? THanks

View more questions Search