Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    answermelater Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 03:42 AM
    How can I get rid of mcaffe?
    I bought McAfee last year and it expired. This year it went on taking my money even though I didn't want it anymore. I now want to install AVG and get rid of McAffe. Can anyone help? Thanks.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2010, 07:02 PM

I don't know if you've contacted McAfee and told them you want to stop your subscription or not, but if you haven't, you must. They will continue to charge you for the product whether it is installed or not.

Once you've stopped the McAfee subscription, you should be able to uninstall it by going into Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs and locating the McAfee entry there.

Best of luck,
    WallyH
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 19, 2010, 09:37 PM

WallyHelps- Are you on Yahoo Answers too? ;)

answermelater- I agree with Wally. However, if you have Vista or 7 then the way of adding and removing is different. Instead of Add/Remove the feature is now called Programs and Features.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2010, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    WallyHelps- Are you on Yahoo Answers too? ;)
    Nope, I just try to answer questions here. :)

answermelater- I agree with Wally. However, if you have Vista or 7 then the way of adding and removing is different. Instead of Add/Remove the feature is now called Programs and Features.
    This is true. I took a guess that answermelater was using XP.

Jan 14, 2011, 11:36 AM
    Comment on WallyHelps's post
    I did not say : answermelater- I agree with Wally. However, if you have Vista or 7 then the way of adding and removing is different. Instead of Add/Remove the feature is now called Programs and Features.
    Someone must have signed into my account

Jan 14, 2011, 11:37 AM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    I did not say : answermelater- I agree with Wally. However, if you have Vista or 7 then the way of adding and removing is different. Instead of Add/Remove the feature is now called Programs and Features.
    Someone must have signed into my account

Jan 14, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Comment on webbycn's post
    Thanks but how do I end the subscription first?
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2011, 09:55 AM

To answermelater -
    I think the comment you refer to is actually from ITstudent2006 to you.
    To unsubscribe from McAfee, I'd find a contact number on their website and call them.

Good luck,
    WallyH
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 06:03 PM

answermelater- I wrote that about Vista. No one signed in as you. As Wally is saying, to end a subscription you must call McAfee. Whether you get your money back is debatable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get rid of her or not [ 28 Answers ]

Aight so this is the first time I've ever used this site, but my question is obviously should I get rid of her or not, I've been with this women for almost 3 years now, we've lived together for a while, moved away for almost a year together, lived together for about 8 months before that, and now...

How do I get rid of this [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone know the type of grass/weed this is someone told me crabgrass but someone else said it not. This grass is dark green and really thick.:confused: How do I get rid of it? I cover about 10ft by 3 feet wide seems to be taken over the other grass in the yard. Thanks Dave

How to get rid of it ? [ 2 Answers ]

One evening, when I back home from work, I saw a strange happening : A piece of webed leaves ( a few leaves webed together ) rotated and flew in a sraight line near the ground from a side road to a small house nearby(there was no wind flowing ). Then it raised a little. And then flew to my...

To get rid of someone. [ 2 Answers ]

Im just frustrated by a person. He teases me a lot.I want to get rid of him. So please can anyone tell me that: HOW CAN I HACK HIS HOTMAIL/GMAIL/YAHOO PASSWORD? He uses three of these services.

View more questions Search