Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbarnett645 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Adoption
    I was adopted by a wonderful couple when I was only 3 months old. They never hid that from me and I am grateful. But 3 years ago I was contacted by my birth siblings. They are all nuts. I feel sorry for them. I was so lucky to have been placed in a loving home. I don't want them to call or come to visit me any more but I'm not sure how to tell them. They are a pitiful bunch,no education,our mother was an alccoholic whore, we don't even know if we have the same father. But I am happy about having the family medical history.Should I be done with themor stay in touch? Help:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 16, 2006, 05:36 PM
    A card or call on the their birth days, maybe a small christmas present that is more than many brothers and sisters do that were raised together.

You have the same blood line, you did not grow up together, share any memories or anything.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 06:53 AM
    HI,
    Staying in touch would be up to them, in my opinion. Sending a Christmas card, birthday card, etc, might be a good thing to do. If you find you don't get any in return, then just forget it.
    I wouldn't be writing letters, telling all about your life. It's in the past; sometimes the best thing to do is to leave it there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2006, 09:38 AM
    Um staying in touch is up to you. You have decide whether you have anything in common with these people to the extent that you want to continue contact with them. I don't know how they handled the contact, but, in my opinion, it may have been extremely rude to impose upon you without your permission.

You can keep minimal contact with innocuous holiday cards or shut the door completely or open it completely. But really, no one can decide for you whether you want to continue contact with these people and to what degree.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 07:32 PM
    I agree with the others.

It's your choice.

But it is not rude to shut them out. Just because you share the same blood, doesn't make you family.

Do you have common interests with them? It sounds like you don't...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption [ 7 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I am adopted. I get nervous when I talk about it. What should I do to not be so nervous?

Adoption [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I was adopted 7 years ago with my twin. We were adopted from St.Petersburg, Russia and I really want to find my real Mom. I know that there might be a slight chance she could be dead because she was a serious heroin user. I am 16 and I feel like I am at a point in my life in which I am ready to...

Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone know of a forum that deals with adoption law? Or can anyone here answer what I think is a simple question on the subject?

Adoption in Maryland [ 3 Answers ]

? I have a 12 year old daughter and am married. My daughter was born in Oklahoma and I didn't put the fathers name on the birth certificate. We now live in md and my husband wants to adopt her to make her legally his but we were told by a lawyer that even though the fathers name isn't on the...

View more questions Search