Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 07:08 PM
    Weird doll
    Not sure if this is paranormal or not, but it sure is weird... I have an old doll that belonged to my biological mother, who is now deceased. I've never particularly liked it, but I keep because it's one of the only things I have of her. Anyway, a couple of times a month, the doll's head, which is vinyl, will pop in, as if someone has punched it or stepped on it. However, it does this by itself. I keep it locked up in a cupboard, and I will hear a loud pop sound, open the cupboard, and then sure enough, the doll's head is bashed in. I always just fix it and put it back in the cupboard. It last happened a week ago. I'm including a scan of the doll's face, before I fixed it again.

So what does everyone think? Do old dolls just do this? I was wondering if maybe it had something to do with humidity or barometric pressure. Even if there is an explanation for it, it's kind of creepy...
    Attached Images

magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 10:14 PM
    You know, I really think there is a valid explanation for this... I'll be damned if I know what it is though! I will tell you one thing however, if you see that little Chuckie hangin round your place, get rid of it!! :eek:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2006, 07:30 AM
    I watched the "Chuckie" movie, are you sleeping well , ( need a sound track of evil laughing here )

What about barometic pressure issues that can cause air pressure difference within the head.

What about tempurture changes that can cuase expanding or contracting.

What about possed evil doll that will latter axe murder you?? ( forgive me I am just having a little fun this morning)
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2006, 11:41 AM
    LMAO! I am not worried about Chuckie or an axe murderer or whatever haha. Originally I was thinking temperature or barometric pressure, but still... that's weird. Are there any doll experts on the forum? Or any sites where I could post a message about this to people who collect dolls.. sheesh for all I know a bunch of old dolls do this, haha. But I am very curious. And it IS creepy.

Thanks for the responses guys. :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2006, 11:50 AM
    It is very weird. Your FREAKING ME OUT. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Thanks to you I am going to have nightmares of the Freaky doll. LOL. Well you know what yes it is very weird. I am into paranormal stuff maybe it is your mom is saying hello to you from the other side and that it is a sign that she is always around you.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2006, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    I am into paranormal stuff maybe it is your mom is saying hello to you from the other side and that it is a sign that she is always around you.
    You know Jesushelper, I've thought that too, but it scares me LOL so I try to put it in the back of my mind. You see, my mom bought the doll as a present for herself after she found out she couldn't have anymore children. I was about 2 years old at the time. She had just had a miscarriage and the doctor told her she needed a hysterectomy, can't rememeber why, but it could have been really severe PID. Anyway afterwards she was really depressed about losing the baby and everything and bought the doll. She used to keep it in a crib and hold it like a real baby, talk to it, etc. She never let me touch it. Actually I was jealous of it as a little kid and creeped out by it as I got older.

Anyway the really creepy thing that I've tried to avoid thinking about haha, is that the doll only started doing this maybe about 4 months ago... it's recent. And well, I'm also recently PREGNANT. I'm due in June. Get the connection?? Errr... creepy!
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2006, 12:10 PM
    Yes, get the connection. Imagine.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Well, I guess I'm going to do some online research and see if I can find a little more info about older dolls... and hopefully communicate with a doll expert. I'll let you guys know what happens!
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 11, 2006, 12:39 PM
    I do not think it has anything to do with the barometric pressure, which would be the same as if you had watched Lilo & Stitch a Walt Disney movie, Lilo fed Pudge the fish that lived in the ocean peanut and butter sandwiched because Pudge the fish controlled the weather.

I do not know what to tell you but it is kind of creepy. It is funny because I do not believe in the paranormal but there are times I small my grand fathers after shave and cologne in my home late at night. Maybe you have something there; I would just think it as she is saying hello, just checking in. (O:
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Yeah I think in a way, the barometric pressure / temperature thing is a stretch too, but what else could it be?? Errr creepy haha.

Quote Originally Posted by lilfyre
    I do not think it has anything to do with the barometric pressure, which would be the same as if you had watched Lilo & Stitch a Walt Disney movie, Lilo fed Pudge the fish that lived in the ocean peanut and butter sandwiched because Pudge the fish controlled the weather.
    OMG I absolutely LOVE Lilo and Stitch!! I think it's my favorite Disney animated movie EVER! It's so wonderful, better than The Lion King even, which used to be my favorite. Guess maybe I relate to Lilo and her sister since I grew up in foster care and was away from my parents a lot of the time.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 11, 2006, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Yeah I think in a way, the barometric pressure / temperature thing is a stretch too, but what else could it be??? Errr creepy haha.

OMG I absolutely LOVE Lilo and Stitch!!! I think it's my favorite Disney animated movie EVER! It's so wonderful, better than The Lion King even, which used to be my favorite. Guess maybe I relate to Lilo and her sister since I grew up in foster care and was away from my parents a lot of the time.

Stich is or dog Miss Piggy as she runs around the house and gets into every thing no stop, Lilo put the flower on stich and he clams down and we laugh every time and say it is miss piggy, when we rub her tummy to clam the beast ripping the house apart, she has gotten better, lol, as long as there are no buttons on the furniture we are fine, only issue she has, not bad for a rescued dog, thank god the couch was old and in need of replacing, she seems to like the new couch better anyway.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2006, 08:08 PM
    Let us know what the doll experts say. Good luck! :}
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Feb 12, 2006, 04:03 PM
    Well if you do look at it from a paranormal view. I have heard that inanimate objects can absorb psychic energy from people who use to own them. Which in turn can cause some weird and bizarre things to happen with these objects. Especially toys. Toys turning on automatically or a doll not in the same place you left it before. Just any little thing that would make you stop and go hmmmmm... But of course that is what I have read from paranormal investigators. But its still creepy all the same. You don't normally see a dolls face cave in on itself on its own. That's what makes me a little freaked out.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2006, 06:48 PM
    Thanks bizygurl, that's interesting information. Actually it reminds me a little of the clown doll in Poltergeist... yikes!!
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 17, 2006, 12:00 AM
    I know this is a little old, but I am dying to know if the doll is still doing this since you have had the baby.. or if you found out any information.. I have chills all over my body from looking at that picture and after reading the significance of the doll to your Mom. Please update
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 17, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Interesting experience. I don't think that your mom would worry you by causing the doll to do those things. Perhaps it's the atmospheric pressure.
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2006, 05:10 PM
    Hey Amy and everyone... sorry I haven't been online much lately. I am very busy now with the baby and here in northern Canada we only have about 3 months of warm weather, so we are outside most of the time.

Anyway, to answer your question... shortly after I posted this, I had my husband lock the doll up in the garage because it was freaking me out, and since I was getting close to having my baby I didn't want anything disturbing me. Then today out of curiosity and having noticed this thread again, I went out to the garage to look at it... it's head had sunken in again. Creeepy. I never did hear from any online doll experts, so... what I've decided to do is, take it to this doll museum just outside of town, and ask the lady there what she thinks. We'll probably take it out there this weekend.

If the doll museum doesn't have an explanation for us, then I'm going to take it to a friend of a friend who is a medium. Not sure I really believe in that stuff, but she is an honorable person so I will be interested in what she has to say about it. I will update you guys again after the weekend.
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Well, we went to the doll collector, and she was not sure about the sunken in face. She hasn't had that happen with any of her old vinyl dolls, at least not spontaneously. She says it's only happened if someone has stepped on or otherwise tampered with the doll. She thought my theory about humidity and/or barometric pressure was plausible, but she also has a belief in the supernatural, so... she thinks we should go to the medium. She's also curious about why the doll does this, and wants us to keep in touch, haha.

So to make a long story short, I'm taking the doll to this medium I know of. I'm not going to tell her why, or what the doll does, just see what she says about it in general. I'm not sure when that's going to be, but I'll update everyone again after I've seen her.
    Uber Member

May 27, 2006, 11:33 PM
    Chava,

When you see a medium. Do not tell her what you think it is. Do not tell her any story behind the doll. Just tell her about the sunken face and see what she comes up with. Yes, that would be great. Keep all of us in touch.

Joe
    ndx Posts: 79, Reputation: 21

Jun 18, 2006, 06:32 PM
    :O Why are there no more Posts :O

Please, the story is very interesting! Its been to long, its such a cliff-hanger!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird [ 6 Answers ]

I just took a look at my number of posts and I realize I have only 59 what's even weirder is that it says I have 71 in the last 90 days. Now I have been here from November 2005, and I have only 59 posts which is correct but in the last 90 days I have posted 71 times. Which I understand they don't...

How is this for weird... [ 1 Answers ]

may dad passed away last yr feb... had dream about waking up looking at alarm clock and saw the time my dad was telling me I'd be late for school... guess what... the daily #'s came out and MATCHED the time on clock!! and I never played them!! weird... happened 2x's so far.. thought they were...

Something weird [ 5 Answers ]

For a while now, every once in a while, while I'm walking, I'll feel kind of weird. My vision gets blurry and a bit flashy, and I have trouble keeping my balance. This usually lasts about 5 seconds or so and only happens about once every 3 weeks. Today, the same thing happened, but this time it...

Very weird one Please help! [ 2 Answers ]

I know this is going to sound weird but I am not kidding when I say that my monitor is causing my sound not to work. When I try to increase the volume I can visuall even see the volume going right back down all the way on its own. I have tested everything with different parts and everything works...

View more questions Search