Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheLostGroom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2018, 10:35 PM
    Wedding attire! Please help!
    I’m going to get married in a couple of months to my beautiful fiancé. My dad and I just bought black suits for the occasion (my groomsmen and I are going to do a “blackout” for the wedding). I just found out that my fiancé’s father is going to be wearing a tuxedo. When I told my parents, they were very angry and told me that either he would have to wear something different or my father and I would have to wear tuxedos as well. When I told my fiancé what happened, she told her parents and now everyone is angry. It may be important to note that my fiancé and her family are from Mexico. My question is, would it look bad if my father and I were in suits while the father of the bride is dressed in a tux? Is there some sort of unwritten rule? Thank you so much to everyone, I really need help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 2, 2018, 06:25 PM
    There is no rule. Except that normally the bride will decide most wedding choices, including "dress codes or rules"

But most do not unless they are going to require specific types or colors.

It is silly to get upset about someone wanting to wear a tux. (which from history is the normal suit for men at a formal wedding)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Appropriate wedding attire [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the appropriate wedding attire for an older woman who is officiating (me) (perform the ceremony) at a relatives daytime wedding service (probably on a beach or in a garden if not raining)? A suit, a skirt with dressy jacket, a dress. I am more a suit/slacks type person in my 60's. ...

Wedding attire [ 4 Answers ]

Can you wear white sandle pumps to a September 22 wedding in Michigan?

Wedding attire [ 3 Answers ]

Is navy blue OK for Mother of the Groom for an afternoon wedding?. (bridesmaids are wearing clover green and MOB is wearing silver satin). My son, the groom, is in the army and is wearing a navy blue uniform.

View more questions Search