Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2015, 11:28 AM
    Replacing squats with weights
    I am doing an anaerobic routine. I have medium case of scoliosis and I need to replace the squats with weight part of the routine with sometime that would put less pressure on my back and knees. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2015, 11:57 AM
    I assume you mean "scoliosis". Use a bench and weight rack or just upper body exercises for arms and shoulders.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 2, 2015, 12:50 PM
    I vaguely heard some mention of this subject the other day, and the answer for scoliosis had to do with 'side planking.' Google planking first, if you don't know about it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 2, 2015, 01:07 PM
    Along with the above advise, I would suggest allowing yoga into your routine. Yoga is very beneficial for medium cases of scoliosis. You need to strengthen your back muscles. Swimming is also recommended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squats aren't working! [ 0 Answers ]

I am very frustrated. I have never been overweight but decided it was time to hit the gym after eating too many cheeseburgers, wanted to get tighter all over. Started doing 30 min of cardio a few days a week and an hr of weights the same day. Been really concentrating on my lower half as my butt...

Proper for Squats [ 3 Answers ]

Hey could someone tell me whether it's a good idea to hold position in mid-squat? And if so what would be the safe duration? Also I read somewhere that when performing a squat the knees should not get past the toes. Is this humanly possible?

Weights [ 4 Answers ]

Is it better to lift lift 2 weights (free) at the same time or to alternate arms with the weights?

View more questions Search