Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dirgey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Trying to identify an 80's/90's anime/robot type movie
    Hello I'm trying to track down the name of a movie I used to hire on video as a kid. Fairly sure it was made late 80's/early 90's but my memories of it are extremely vague so bear with me. The main parts of the movie I remember are possibly the beginning, where I think there is a kid and possibly his grandfather who is a scientist of some sort. Anyhow I remember the old man made? A giant robot type thing that had weapons and all that jazz. Then the old man possibly died and the kid took over. During the movie the kid and this large robot fight against other robots of the same sort.

I remember specifically at the end there is an enemy robot that has a mace attached as a fist and acts as a rocket launcher. I think they also made/were going to make a sequel to this movie. Sorry my memory is shocking as it was about 18 years ago. Any help with info/Youtube links would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Nov 28, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Scientist creates a giant robot then dies
    Grandson finds and pilots the giant robot in battle

Possibly,.

Tranzor Z
    a.k.a. Mazinger Z

-View Episiode 1-

-------------
    dirgey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 08:31 PM

OMG you found it.. thank you so much!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify old 80's anime movie [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm not a huge anime fan, but recently I've been getting these flashes of memory of an old anime movie I used to own on VHS when I was 6 or 7. I doubt it's a very good film but it holds quite powerful memories of when I was a nipper so I'd love to locate it. I can remember quite a lot...

Identify a 80's/90's Space Anime Film- 'Truckers' (?) [ 1 Answers ]

Haha, OK I remember seeing this back in the arly 90's say between 92-95, it was on VHS cassete (obviously) and I'm 99% sure it was a one off film not a series. The plot synopsis as far as I can remember was a renegade army (?) had captured a princess and one of the first scenes was her naked...

Anime movie from 80's or 90's [ 3 Answers ]

I am 21 years old, and I remember an anime movie from when I was probably 5 or 6. I don't remember too much about it, but here is what I do know: -the main character, a boy, played in some sort of orchestra (I believe he played the claranet). -there is a girl who is some type of fairy, and she...

80's or 90's Robot/cyborg movie [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remember an old movie about a teen cyborg/robot thing that looks human and goes to college. All I can remember about it is that in one scene he tries to run and catch a bus and the bus is traveling at like 50 MPH. Maybe staring Kirk Cameron? I have no idea.

Manga or anime movie - 80's or 90's [ 1 Answers ]

My question is concerning a movie that could very well be a Manga or anime full length film. I had to of been about 8-10 years old (in my early 20s now) It was a cartoon for sure. It was about a young boy who lived under water and was in love with a princess (I think) and he couldn't be...

View more questions Search