Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

May 22, 2016, 09:42 AM
    How to Get Past Stupid Tracphone People
    They must hire the dumbest people in the world. I have called them at least 6 times to get them to help me. I have 650 minutes and I have been updating my account with 30 days a month for $6.44. I called them and changed my CC. Well, they did not update my account and now I have no air time days. How can I get to someone who
    Can help me? Every damn time I call I get put on hold and then get disconnected. Don't ever deal with this company they are the pitts. On top of it no one speaks and understands English very well. Okay, I have vented and I am still p***off.

When I ask to speak to a supervisor, they say okay one moment and then I get a msg that the waittiime is 1 hour.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2016, 10:05 AM
    Hmmmm, I have always gotten superior help from Tracfone. I always compliment each service rep when I call. I've changed my cc recently and had no trouble doing that. Have you tried to fix your situation on their website (I've had a good experience with that, too), or is it something that has to be done with a live person?

P.S. And I don't speak Spanish....

May 22, 2016, 10:22 AM
    From what I can understand, there is no way to talk to them online. All they are interested in is getting you to buy more minutes. Their phone setup is a pain in the neck, Push this button, push that button and it is hard to even get to a person and when you do they screw it up royally. I need days not minutes and I had it set up and it was working. They even emailed me every day when I was 10 days out from expiring. With a count down to the final day. They just dropped the ball. I am really sorry I ever hooked up with them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2016, 10:25 AM
    You should be able to make any changes online without talking to a real person.

Maybe call and mention my IMEI number, ha ha.

May 22, 2016, 10:33 AM
    Wonderwoman you are funny as I have told you before lol. Nothing ticks me off than to have to deal with people who do not understand what you are trying to do. They say Your call is important and we want you to be happy what a line of BS. They are paying Min Wage and as long as you are breathing, you are hired.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2016, 10:41 AM
    I'm so sorry you're having problems with a company I have always had happy dealings with. Whichever rep and I always have a very short conversation about empanadas. We always hang up smiling. I wish I could help you more. Lemme check my Tracfone cheat sheet where I listed the buttons I push before I get a real person. Back soon....

May 22, 2016, 10:45 AM
    I do realize one can get more done with Honey than with Vinegar. I try very hard to win the person over and get it done. Sometimes it does not work. Thanks I await your assistance Wonderwoman lol I have some nice new capes I can sell you lol
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2016, 10:53 AM
    I checked my cheat sheet but it probably wouldn't help. I add minutes, not days. I probably should just bite the bullet and call to listen to the various prompt and figure out how you can get a real person who might actually help you.

May 22, 2016, 11:00 AM
    I bought a 1 year subscription with 1200 minutes and that was 14 or 15 months ago and at the end of my 1 year, I had 900 minutes left so I did not want to buy more minutes just days, so they set me up to buy 30 days at a time for $6.44 a month and it was working just great. Until I updated my CC. about 15 days ago. Instead of updating my days, they let it run out. So since the 20th of this month I have been trying to get them to update my account, right now my 650 minutes are dead and I can only use the phone to call 911.

May 22, 2016, 11:11 AM
    I think I will go to Walmart and see if they can contact the right people to get this straightened out. Since they chat with Tracfone all the time.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2016, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    I think I will go to Walmart and see if they can contact the right people to get this straightened out. Since they chat with Tracfone all the time.
    That should work. Let me know.

May 22, 2016, 04:50 PM
    UpDate I went to Walmart and this nice guy got on the phone and I thought he would be able to get right on with Tracfone, wrong. He was put on hold and after 15 minutes, I asked if he wanted to hang up, he said no. So finally after him sitting there for 1 hour and me standing for 1 hour he was able to talk to someone. The phone went from 0 days to 1 day and I was told to turn the phone on and off for a while. This did not bump the l day up to the 30 it should have. So back to see my buddy tomorrow. By the way I gave him some money for his time even though I did not need to do so. More Later
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 22, 2016, 04:56 PM
    This is exciting! You'll get to meet prople and make new friends. Maybe that is Tracfone's plan.

They all use the same database, so why can't they figure out how to use it to tweak your account? Grrrrrr.

May 22, 2016, 05:43 PM
    The Latest, I just returned from Walmart not about the Tracfone but the Phone I left on the counter after I purchased it. I was so happy that I had 1 day of service and I totally forgot the bag with the phone and receipt. Not my day. My friend said to turn the phone on off and the days of service will keep adding up, not so. Just maybe tomorrow they will upgrade my service to 30 days, fingers crossed. Anyway I found my phone, behind the counter and just got it home. Today, was not a total loss, the salesperson told me to never put the receipt in the bag with whatever you purchased. Always put it in your pocket. Good advise.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 23, 2016, 12:51 AM
    It's been several years since I dealt with Tracfone, but in the mid -2000s they had 3 call centers, Oaxaca, Mumbai, and Montreal. If I had a problem my best time to call was mid-morning to catch the Montrealers. I've changed companies several times since then and haven't looked back.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2016, 04:18 AM
    Although it's been a couple of years ago, I had pretty good luck at tracfoneforum.com. The Tracfone agents you get there seem to be able to make things happen. It is somewhat of a pain to create an ID and to find the proper forum to post into, but once that is behind you it goes fairly smoothly.

Hope this helps.
    WallyH

May 23, 2016, 05:45 AM
    I am just about ready to give up, I did what the guy at Walmart told me to do " to turn the phone on and off and the days will start adding up". Well, the 1 day that registered when he handed my phone back turned into 0 days right after mid night.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 23, 2016, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    I am just about ready to give up
    One thing to look at if you're ready to switch is coverage maps from the various companies. Out here at Da Beach some places have none at all, not even Ship to shore. I can't afford Satphone coverage, so I do what I can.

May 23, 2016, 12:12 PM
    I just got off the phone with Tracfone. I did a internet search and found a couple of numbers from 2008 and it was supposed to be Executive Customer Service Lines. Guess what the numbers were still good. After being handed off 2 times, I got a woman who said that my account is being charged today. To me that says I should be getting my 30 days and my account should be charged $6.44. So far this afternoon I have been able to receive and make calls yet my phone says I have 0 days service. One of the phone numbers I used was 1-800-876-5753 that is different from the one listed to talk to Tracfone. Hope everything works out, but I am not going to hold my breathe.

May 23, 2016, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    One thing to look at if you're ready to switch is coverage maps from the various companies. Out here at Da Beach some places have none at all, not even Ship to shore. I can't afford Satphone coverage, so I do what I can.
    One thing for sure, I hope that if Trump gets in to office, he will bring those jobs that are sitting over in India, Pakistan and other countries home. That may be a stretch, we can't even control the language in this country. What a shame. If I can't get this thing going today, I will be hunting for a new phone company. I have no less than 8 phone call and a couple of them hanging on line for close to an hour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught my girlfriend lying. Somewhat stupid... yet serious given our past. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone. My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. Our relationship has been everything but stable. We fell in love so fast and so much that given our problems in the past we have held on and pushed through them. To start, when I started seeing her, she was living...

I love stupid people [ 4 Answers ]

it's a click-a-thon ^_^ YouTube - Vampire Prevention Win YouTube - Rock and Roll Fail Dailymotion - Public Decency Fail - a Funny video Dailymotion - News Segment Fail - a Funny video

Famous people saying some really stupid things [ 2 Answers ]

“Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.” ~ Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign. - - - - - - - - - - Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: “I would not live forever,...

People from the past [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to find a significant other that doesn't have regular contact with people from their past? All my boyfriend's have remained in contact with at least some of their exes/hookups. Personally, I don't think this contact is really necessary. They are an ex for a reason and it's time to...

View more questions Search