Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mira-mina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2013, 12:26 PM
    The nail polish and pregnancy
    Hi , I am 4 weeks 4 days pregnant now . I applied nail polish myself today ( this is the first time to put a nail polish since I got pregnant) . I took me about 30 minutes. There were some fumes that I smelled it, and I knew that it could be hamful and unfotunatelly it was too late to know that. I am very concerned about it. Is this true ? Could the nail polish itself or it fumes be harmful to the fetus?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 10, 2013, 12:35 PM
    I wouldn't paint your nails again, after removing this batch; this little bit will not harm anything, but remember, your nails and nail bed tell a lot about your health as time goes on. So best to keep them unpainted.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 12:35 PM
    How do you know its 4weeks and 4 days? Had an invitro?

But what Tickle told you applies... always best to err on the side of caution.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 10, 2013, 01:11 PM
    This one application won't harm baby. In fact, the nail polish remover is the thing I'd be concerned about, it's far more toxic than the nail polish itself.

What's done is done. When this nail polish wears off don't re-polish. Coloring your hair is also not recommended during pregnancy, nor is drinking alcohol, smoking, or doing drugs. Next time think before you do.

Congrats.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to thicken nail polish [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I know how to thin out nail polish, but is there a way to thicken nail polish?

Black Nail Polish [ 27 Answers ]

Classy or trashy? *There's no wrong answer, I just want opinions*

Black Nail Polish [ 9 Answers ]

Hello there, I have a question that I have asked many people, and depending on the person, they respond differently. This is purely opinion apparently. Do you think black nail polish is tacky or classy? I mean nice manicured nails painted black. No chipping polish or bitten nails. ...

Nail polish [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has a short black and white trim dress for prom. Turquoise open toe shoes and matching jewelry to shoes. What color nail polish/lipstick would look best with this?

View more questions Search