Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notorious1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 10:51 PM
    employment contract
    I was reclassified as salary exempt by my employer, while other's were taken off salary and changed to hourly. I'm aware of the FSLA guidelines etc. The contract I signed was for 45 hours at a 'x' dollars. However, six months later I'm being scheduled for eleven hour days and told I have to work those hours [55] a week. I have received no further compensation for this nor was I asked to sign anything else. What recourse do I have?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Hello notorious:

If they are violating your contract, and they are, you need to sue them.

Before I did that, however, I'd pay a visit to HR and ask them. Not only would I ask them about the contract, I'd ask them why you don't get time and a half for overtime.

Be polite. If they don't answer your question to your satisfaction, the next step I'd take is send them a certified letter explaining that if they don't correct the defect in your contract, you'll sue them.

If they DON'T correct it, sue them. You'll probably need the services of an attorney to do that.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract Changes after Accepted and Signed Contract [ 12 Answers ]

We recently had an offer accepted on a house. Both parties signed the contract. Our lawyer signed off on the contract. Their lawyer put a contingency that they find suitable housing. This was not mentioned at the time they accepted the offer. Upon the sellers accepting our offer, we listed and...

Can a verbal contract trump a written contract [ 5 Answers ]

I gave a deposit to a contractor to do a bathroom remodel with a 3-day grace period written into the contract to get my deposit back. The time lapsed as I waited for my appt to meet with the contractor at his showroom to pick my bathroom supplies out. When we got to the showroom the contractor...

9 month employment contract [ 2 Answers ]

Does the fact that you are a school employee, with a 9 month employment contract that has to be renewed each year, hurt your ability to prove discrimination? The job is still there they just replaced me with another person. No write- ups, no bad yearly evaluations, nada! I never had to punch a...

Employment [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Will I Find Employment Soon? My Birthday Is 4/28/49. Thank You, Sharon

View more questions Search