Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LHaywood Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Web development
    I am trying to design my own web page from scratch can anyone help me cause I do not uderstand the html language
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 04:37 PM
    I can try and help you, but I'd need a little more info. What exactly are you trying to do? What do you want the layout of your page to look like? And do you have anything done so far?
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Oct 1, 2007, 09:50 PM
    I am an experienced programmer, and can help you create a website. But I would also need more information on what you wanted. You can independently try to make a website from own-free-website.com, or find another host.
    AquaLiz Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 2, 2007, 05:21 AM
    What sort of site are you looking for? Something basic or something more complicated? If you don't know anything about HTML then the best jumping off point would be to create a website on freewebs.com, which has pre made layouts and everything so HTML isn't really necessary. Though this is for people who only want a pretty basic website and a con is that the publicity isn't really as good as if you were to have your own domain. Another site I would try is angelfire.com. It's free and basic, though you do need some HTML knowledge to work with it. I don't have such skills, but as you see there are people above me who do. :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 2, 2007, 05:54 AM
    HTML is actually very easy. At its simplest its just formatting tags that tell the browser how to present your text.

But you don't actually need to know HTML to create a simple site. There are several WEB authoring programs that are as easy to use as a word processor. In fact, you can use Microsoft word.

What you want to do with the site is a key in how complex the design needs to be. So you need to provide more info so we can help. A site like this is best suited to asking specific questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web Design/Development Articles [ 3 Answers ]

Morning all, Just wondering if anyone knew of any good sites for articles on web design/development? CSS tricks, articles on best practices, that kind of thing. I know there's a few out there but I'm too lazy to search on Google for them. Plus recommendations often produce better sites. ...

A New Development [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone has been following my story. She called this morning and in fact does sound interested in a future with me. However we agreed that it has to happen naturally. Neither of us want to just start where we left off. Also, Technically she has not broken it off with the NEW GUY yet. So, I told...

Setting up web site and web shop [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Guys. Can anyone tell me the best way to set up a web site with web shop. I have looked online but overloaded with conflicting information. What things do I need and in what order?

Development [ 4 Answers ]

I am new to this site and think it's very informative. We are planning to construct a small block of flats on our land and need to find a reliable and honest project manager... is there an organisation we can contact? Thanks !

Os development [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I would like to try developing my own operating system.could you please tell me how I can do that? Deepak

View more questions Search