Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyliedawn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2014, 06:22 PM
    Ac unit
    I'm renting a house and have had problems with the ac unit.. everyday it freezes up a couple times a day . It will blow cold air but you can only feel it if your hand is right on the vents. It never gets cooler than 78 and usually stays about 84.. what can I do before calling for help
    Craftymoods21 Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jun 25, 2014, 06:48 PM
    Changing your filters is the first place to check. You should change them every 3 months, if you have hairy animals you should change every month.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2014, 06:55 PM
    Since you are renting, the issue should be addressed to the landlord.

Jun 25, 2014, 07:24 PM
    No animals inside at all... and are landlord is a big joke

Jun 25, 2014, 07:28 PM
    Need ideas on what it might be I got toddlers in the home and its getting hotter out
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2014, 07:53 PM
    Your landlord needs to have it checked out... there are a number of things it might be, most of them are things you couldn't deal with beyond checking the filters.

Incidentally... while it might be uncomfortable for a couple days before they fix it, its not going to be dangerous... open some windows and get a fan to move some air... many of us grew up before A/C was common in houses and it didn't hurt any of us, or nobody else we knew either (I for one never lived in a place with it until 1981 after I graduated college).. Call your landlord and leave a message and follow up with them tomorrow.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2014, 06:59 AM
    Your unit needs cleaning. You will have to clean the coils inside with coil cleaner and a water hose. It is a long nasty job. You will also have to clean the blower wheel. Nothing else will work and until it's clean it will freeze up from lack of air flow. Clean the outside coils, too, and oil both motors. You will need a blower wheel puller to pull off blower wheel. Do not get water in motor or on top of capacitor. I do three or four of these a day. It's my specialty because no one wants to do this type of work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculation of unit price, unit cost and unit sold [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between unit cost, unit price and unit sold

Why does my Central Air Unit (Goodman split unit) neither cool or heat my house? [ 6 Answers ]

It worked fine all summer until last few months. When I have it to cool it blows air but not cold air. Now that I want heat it blows cool air and not hot air. It took it 30 minutes to heat my 1000SF home from 64 degrees to 65 degrees. What could be the problem?

Circuit breaker size for a carrier unit model number fb4anf018 I got this unit from [ 0 Answers ]

Circuit breaker size for a carrier unit model number fb4anf018 I got this unit from a model home as a garage booster, no info on the unit as to max breaker size. I bought a 40 amp dbl pull to wire it up. Also there are two black and one yellow, am I to assume both black wires attach to the white...

A/c Unit fan inside won't run,But Outside Unit works fine. What's the problem? [ 2 Answers ]

The Outside Unit is working fine. The inside Unit fan won't come on and makes a humming noise.

Live in a mobile home with intertherm heat and air unit the unit outside unit has bee [ 1 Answers ]

Live in mobile home with an intertherm unit outside unit is no longer running didn't know if it even needs to be running with the heat

View more questions Search