Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apples Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2016, 07:57 AM
    Panasonic dvd recorder dmr-es46v Region Number supported by this unit is 1 The unit w
    Can not get an agent at the panasonic phoneline, don't know what's up with that!
    My unit stats on front of manual
    " Region Number supported by this unit is 1
    The unit will play dvd's marked with labels containing 1 or all "
    What does this actually mean. I want to buy dvd box set for region 2.
    Do I need to go into unit to change it or is it automatic?
    Or does it need to say "all" on the new dvd box set which only says region 2.
    I can't find in manual what I need to do.
    Have the DMR-ES46V combo unit.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 19, 2016, 08:03 AM
    Disks labelled as Region 2 will NOT play in the device.
    ALL, in this case, means DVDs labelled as region free or all regions.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 19, 2016, 04:11 PM
    The world does not use the same video broadcast standards. So DVDs recorded using one standard will not play in a player recorded in another standard. Each region has its own standard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I make my Panasonic DVD player (DMR-EZ28) Region-Free? [ 3 Answers ]

I understand that you can make a dvd player region free by changing/punching in a code. How/where do I change the code in and what code would allow me to play region 2 (UK) dvds. It currently plays region 1 and it is not a Blu-Ray player. Panasonic model number DMR-EZ28

How do you go about hooking up a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V DVD-VCR Recorder to a T.V. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to hook up a DVD-VCR Combo Recorder to a T.V. set. It is a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V DVD-VCR Combo Recorder to a Sharp 46 inch T.V. tHE t.v. is aLCD T.V. My name is Danny Couch And my E-mail address is [email protected].

Searching for reliable DVD recorder/VCR combo unit. [ 2 Answers ]

Would appreciate any recommendations for a good, reliable, easy-to-use DVD recorder/VCR combo unit. I had an RCA DCR8335, but it has lost its mind. VCR motor runs while the unit is off, locks up, not easy to program recordings. Also had bad experience with a Sanyo DVD player--no longer turns...

How to connect SAT/DVR unit to VCR/DVD recorder to record from DVR? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dishnetwork SAT/DVR unit and just got a Magnavox DVD/VCR combo unit with both having recording capabilities. I want to put my DVR movies on to DVD. What do I need to connect where to make this all happen. I also have a DVD surround sound unit to add to this mixed up mess of electrical...

View more questions Search