Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabazee Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 02:49 AM
    I am looking for a person/friend who want to use Mono or Alhpa Arbutin.
    I live in Pakistan so like India I can easily find and get these chemicals easily here.

But again need a friend(s) to start a journey with, to skin lighting to 3-4 shades. Here in India and Pakistan, people are crazy about milky skins even my husband very found of milky skin. I do have white color but its my legs arms hands feet not face. I have tanned a lot.

HQ is very temporary. You get your freckles, pigmentation back 1 or 2 months after stopping using it.

One want to depig. Stop/reduce melanin or melanocytes to produce, in the body. I am using Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey it has worked for me.

One want to Depig inside out. I have oily skin and clean my face every after 3 hrs no matter want with water and moister it. It has helped

Again need to shade 3-4 shades permanently for my husband and myself.

Anyone want to start a journey reply >E-mail removed< :cool:

Aug 8, 2010, 02:58 AM

Skin lightening products

Hydroquinone: It is one of the main topical ingredients in skin lightening creams for inhibiting melanin production. Over- thecounter products contain 2% hydroquinone. Hydroquinone does not bleach the skin; it disrupts the melanin production. While some concern regarding hydroquinone's safety on skin has been expressed, experts argue that they are a result of usage of extremely high concentration of the chemical.

But, hydroquinone is unsuitable when used in cosmetic preparations, as exposure to air or sunlight can change its color. Hence, if you are planning to buy a product containing hydroquinone, make sure that it is packaged in a non-transparent container that doesn't let light and air in. Skin lightening products packaged in tubes are better than ones in jars.

Tretinoin: Research has proven that tretinoin is also an effective ingredient in treating skin discolorations. But, it takes much longer to produce satisfactory results. Products containing tretinoin must be used for a minimum period of six months before any improvement in skin color is noticed. Though tretinoin is comparatively less effective in skin lightening process, it plays a key role in skin's cell production, collagen production, thickness and elasticity. Hence, it can be combined with other effective products to obtain desired results.

Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Alpha Hydroxy Acids or AHA as they are commonly known can be combined with other treatments like hydroquinone, kojic acid and azelaic acid for improving sun-damaged skin. Basically, AHA's help the other ingredients penetrate the skin deeply. AHA acid peels are very useful in improving skin discolorations. But only a qualified person should be allowed to perform these type of facial peels.

Kojic Acid: Kojic acid is a by-product of manufacturing Sake, the Japanese rice wine. Kojic acid by itself or in combination with hydroquinone is highly effective in inhibiting melanin production. Unfortunately, like hydroquinone, kojic acid also turns brown and loses its efficacy upon exposure to air and sunlight.

Azelaic Acid: Azelaic acid is a component of grains such as wheat, barley and rye. It is very efficient when used for treating acne when used at a 20% concentration. Also, Azelic acid in combination with hydroquinone is effective in skin lightening. However, certain research suggests that Azelic should be an option if hydroquinone + tretinoin combination does not work out, as the acid is comparatively more irritating to the skin.

Arbutin: Arbutin is a natural alternative to hydroquinone, as it is derived from the leaves of cranberry, blueberry and bearberry shrubs. But its usage is still in the research stage and various combinations with other acids and chemicals are still being worked upon.

Vitamin C: Vitamin C in ascorbic form has shown success in inhibiting the production of melanin. Besides Vitamin C aids regeneration of Vitamin E in the skin. This improves synthesis of collagen and offer antioxidant protection.

Laser Treatment: Those pigments which are deep down in the dermis do not respond well to topical agents. Hence, laser treatment may be considered. But in addition to being an expensive process, results are not always consistent. Topical creams and sun blocks are also necessary to maintain the results obtained by laser treatment.

Skin lightening creams

The American Academy of Dermatology says that just 2 minutes of direct or indirect sunlight is enough to start the process of skin damage, discoloration, premature aging and brown spots. Skin lightening process takes 2-8 weeks to complete and obtain satisfactory results. Application of topical creams blocks the melanin production process, thereby, lightening the skin.

Vitamin A in the form of retinol has been used in treating damaged skin. It also aids exfoliation and renewal of skin with improved collagen production. Many skin products aimed at lightening the skin color contain a blend of lightening agents and tryroinase inhibitor that bring about reduction in skin pigmentation.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Aug 9, 2010, 05:50 AM

It is not a good idea to display your email address. It opens you up to possibly receiving a lot of unwanted mail and spam. Better and safer to PM .
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Aug 9, 2010, 10:18 AM

I keep seeing the same message posted from you sabazee, one is more then enough to get your point across.

Aug 9, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    It is not a good idea to display your email address. It opens you up to possibly receiving a lot of unwanted mail and spam. Better and safer to PM .
    Agree
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Aug 9, 2010, 10:43 AM

Also, I am beginning to use Mono so you can private message me and Ill let you know my progress.
    Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Aug 10, 2010, 01:59 PM

I would not recommend you to use mono from Pakistan/India/china
    The regulations in those countries are the worst, come on it's the third world
    Do yourself good an find a legit usa or europe pharmcy
    Do yourself more goods and don't use mono if you do not have Vitiligo.

Aug 10, 2010, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickol32 View Post
    I would not recommend you to use mono from Pakistan/India/china
    The regulations in those countries are the worst, come on its the the third world
    do youself good an find a legit usa or europe pharmcy
    do yourself more goods and don't use mono if you do not have Vitiligo.
    Lol, yeah... I absolutely agree with you sweet heart. But you suggested me what should I do. I am so so desperate to be lighten up.
    Have you ever used mono? Would you definitely get patchy no matter what, how severe that patchness is?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Alpha-Arbutin Product has the Highest % Arbutin? [ 20 Answers ]

Many don't seem to list it :(

Met one person, but ends up liking her best friend. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok in it all I find myself in so much drama, I have told so many people about this, and still everyone is like Ok wow, what's the deal?? This might sound like a kids dream, but its like one of those... For me, its hard, really hard, I can't find a point, or even a level ground on what to...

OK, first off, my friend is an overreacting person. [ 1 Answers ]

He worry's about little things, and always has a negative thought about everything. She just got back together with this guy, and already she wants to break up with him, just because he hasn't called her for a day. She always believes the bad things over the real actual truth, or its just the fact...

How long do exes claim new person is just a friend? [ 7 Answers ]

I still hear (I don't ask) about my ex every once in a while from her people (can't be avoided). I'm often told that the new guy is just a friend. I don't believe it for a second. It just insults my intelligence. What's the point in maintaining the façade? If she is happy with him then best of...

The person who I like's best friend likes me [ 2 Answers ]

Ok just like my last question I am mad about my ex who I dumped at the start of the year. Well his best friend is one of my guy best friends and I told him who I like so he could tell me who he likes... he likes me! It's going to be hard because I don't really think I would go out with him (as in I...

View more questions Search