Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrsjessiejames Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 05:24 PM
    How do I know I'm doing the right thing!
    My husband and I have been married for 8 years. We have two Kids (Boy 5 and Girl 6) Our familys Have been a great help with a lot over the years however I have had a lot emotional problems since having the kids. I used to work in the clubs (bar work) and now the kids are at school I have gone back to 9-5 It has helped me see what my problems have been. I don't get along with his mother and I feel my family ask too much of me. We are thinking of moving out of state to start fresh. The kids love the idea but I'm worried about them not growing up around there grand parents. What do you think.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 05:44 PM
    If the move is best for your family - emotionally, financially, and physically, after you have considered all the options and still want to move, go for it. At least check everything out and weigh your choices. You can always visit, the grandparents can come and visit - things like that work out. My parents moved away from their parents and we all survived. Most of my aunts and uncles lived out of state also and it nade reunions and vacations more fun. You and your husband can only be responsible for your family.

A fresh start is not a bad idea in my opinion, but research it and make the choice best for your family. Good luck.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Feb 11, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Thαts whαts so greαt αbout holidαys:-) you still get to see them... hey if everything is telling you to go αheαd then do it- especiαlly if it benefits your whole fαmily!
    gul Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Hi Mrs. James,

I think the decision to move out of states is good as it will help your relationshipgrow and also give you a chance to be with your husband alone. This will help the relationship grow and you willalso get some quality time. As far your children not rowing around their grandparents is concerned you can for sure bring them to states every vacation and let them know their grand[parents. Also, science has deveoped a lot, internet with web caeras can be a great help. What do you say?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 31, 2007, 08:36 AM
    If its right for the four of you, its right. They may try and talk you out of it, but its because they love you all and just don't want to see you leave. Ultimately, only you and hubby know what's best.
    Just promise kids and grandparents alike that you'll keep the lines of communication buzzing. They'll enjoy sending snail mail art work, cards and pictures as well as email. If this decision was made with your kids future in mind (a better one!) then you're 100% right to do it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there such a thing? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there such a thing as a reliable lawn tractor , not garden tractor,under $1000?? Any comments are welcome

What Is This Thing? [ 3 Answers ]

Terresa Marie, my friend, felt something sticking her in the back. When I unsipped the dresss this is what I found. She has been bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider and is deathly afraid of them. I attempted to identify the bug on the internet but no joy. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks, ...

Looking to do the right thing. [ 9 Answers ]

I live with 5 other girls in a house. We all share rent and utilities. Our toilet got plugged and it may have been from a tampax. Two of us admitted we'd flushed tampax down the toilet in the past because we didn't know we weren't supposed to. The plumbing bill came to $120 and the other girls...

Did I do the right thing ? [ 5 Answers ]

I call the animal cruelty number to my neighbor and they said that they will investigate him and probably sue him > thanks labman and everyone else for helping I really appreciate it .

Am I doing the right thing? [ 9 Answers ]

? I met this 23 year old guy this past May. We started dating and everything was fine. After a whole and huge mess we broke up this past September. I didn't see him for 3 months. Then we saw each other again a week before Christmas and we got back together. Eveything has been really good. A...

View more questions Search