Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused0507 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 09:06 AM
    Pete paid the city 1500 for a three year license to operate a business.
    Determine amount of depreciation or other expense to be recorded
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2010, 09:13 AM

A license that is valid for 3 years is set up as a Prepaid, and written off equally over the three years to Taxes and Licenses Expense.
    confused0507 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 09:15 AM
    How do I show this in my work. Can you show the formula?
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2010, 09:28 AM

Have you learned about journal entries? Do you understand debits and credits? You would also write it off on a monthly basis at 1500/36.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

City eminent domaining my business [ 5 Answers ]

Sneezy here. As some of you know, I'm currently in ny. I bought a business here about a month ago, and so far, it's doing all right. I just found out that last week, the city council had a vote on whether they would pretty much tear down multiple business buildings for a waterfront...

How to do business with the City in which you live [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to do the City that I live in a huge favor that will benefit the City, it's residents and me of course. The City says it never has done anything like this before and doesn't know how to either. I am offering to build on their land using my monies and operating this business and after...

Summer project in Germany, students would be paid by 1500 EURO/month [ 0 Answers ]

3RD SUMMER PROGRAM IN ALTERNATIVE SPLICING We are looking for 10 natural science or medical undergraduate students for a four-week paid work/study summer program, sponsored by a European Commission grant. The objective of this summer program is to create a manually maintained computer...

View more questions Search