Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sky4601 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 07:01 PM
    What would cause my 99 Taurus to miss, and then run great, miss etc etc?
    It will idle up to about 2000 rpm, runs fine, starts coming down, running good, drop to 700/800 rpm, starts spuddering, does not kill. And I am hearing a loud hiss, like there is a vacume leak, somewhere between the engine and the fire wall.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 08:03 PM

Moved to cars and trucks
    Sky4601 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 08:23 PM
    Thank you Mr. Chuck. I could not figure out how to put it in the right category.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2010, 09:57 PM

Vacuum leak, plugs, plug wires. Bad injector, fuel filter, bad fuel pump. Heck even a weak battery can cause problems with newer vehicles. Probably far cheaper to pay someone to put it on a scope and run a diagnostic test.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2010, 07:27 AM

Possibilities:

. PCV Valve Hose Emission Separator, which goes from the PCV Valve to the throttle body. Over time, engine oil that is evaporating though the PCV Valve deteriorates the rubber "L" going into the base of the throttle body.

. DPFE Sensor hose leak.

. Upper Intake Manifold (UIM) leak--replace O-rings.

. Lower Intake Manifold (LIM) leak--replace O-rings.

. Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) leak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I miss him.does he miss and love me too? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago now. We talk everyday whether it is online or through text. We do not talk on the phone but even while dating we didn't. He is just not a phone person. Well when we broke up it was all his choice. He said that there were things about me that he...

Does my ex miss me? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex is indecisive she goes out with one guy for about a month and breaks up with them and goes out with someone else. She did that to me twice and now she calls me about once a week or every two weeks and we talk for hours on the phone.

View more questions Search