Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    INgal65 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Getting internet without a land line
    I live in Indiana and I do not have a home phone (just a cell phone) How can I get internet without using a land line? Is there an internet provider other then Comcast that can hook me up?:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Comcast can hook you up through cable without a landline.
    I had a package deal $66. Per month for internet and cable TV
    to add a land line =$99. Per month
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Hello IN:

It depends on which internet providers serve your area. You can get a wireless card from a cellphone provider like Verizon or AT&T. Or, if Clearwire is in your area they offer a wide area wireless modem. There certainly might be others.

excon
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 28, 2008, 10:44 AM
    There are cards available that can provide internet through your cell phone provider. I think every major provider has the service now. As previously posted, Cox, Comcast and other cable TV providers offer internet connections.
    twilcox Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jun 28, 2008, 12:25 PM
    There are several Satellite (such as WildBlue and HughsNet) providers that are available in almost all areas. Also, some of the phone companies will now allow you to have DSL service without having telephone service through them. You might also look into something with your cellular provider. Many of them now offer high speed Internet in a number of different formats.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Yeah DSL is what we had with comcast

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

View more questions Search