Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jason A Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Smoke detectors going off
    Our smoke detectors are wired and have a battery in them. Theyare going off during the day about 10 20 times during the day, but after 6pm they do not go off at all. I changed all batteries and re set the breaker in the box but nothing.Please help me because they are driving my wife and kids crazy during the day.

Thanks Jason
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 03:27 AM
    Dust and humidity can be causing the false alarm. Is there one located in basement, garage or attic, someplace that can have particles in the air?

You may need to try disconnect each one at a time to find the one that is setting off all the others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke Detectors Going off for no reason [ 13 Answers ]

Our smoke detectors in our home go off in the middle of the night for no reason. It starts w/ one and then before you know it all of them are going off. We have tried to vacumn them but they still go off at least once a month. They are only 4 years old.

Smoke detectors going off [ 12 Answers ]

Our smoke/fire detectors went off in the middle of the night--the one downstairs first, then the one upstairs, with no detectable cause. We opened some windows and the shrieking stopped. What could have caused this? This morning as we sat at the breakfast table, a bright light flashed above...

Wiring additional smoke detectors [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to add 2 more hardwired detectors to my basement. There already exist one there that works. Is it OK to just take 14/3 wire, tie it into the existing one, and then run the other two in series off the existing one? I am assuming it is since the 14/3 will provide unswitched power as...

Smoke detectors [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Besides the smoke detector that is require in the hallway, does the NEC require also to install them in all bedrooms or only in the master bedroom? Thanks

Smoke Detectors: Something is not right [ 2 Answers ]

I have 5 detectors in the house: 1 in the basement, 1 in the MBR on the first floor, and 3 upstairs in the bedroom. The detector in the basemet has a Green LED on. I am assuming it is the first detector in that circuit coming from the breaker box. Inside the basement detector are 4 other...

View more questions Search