Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Monet2026 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2017, 06:09 PM
    Who's the father
    Had sex with two guys same week. Conception date is June 26. Cant remember date for first guy. Second guy I had sex with on June 30. Is second guy likely the father based on the dates?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2017, 06:16 PM
    Since we have no idea of your ovulation, apparently you don't either, a DNA test after birth will tell.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 3, 2017, 06:19 PM
    Could be either guy. Only a DNA test after birth can tell for sure.

Mar 3, 2017, 06:20 PM
    Well it said o conceived the 26 so wouldn't ovulation have to be before or on that day ?

Okay how if it says conception was the 26 you can get pregnant after the conception date ?
    Expert

Mar 3, 2017, 06:25 PM
    The conception date is an estimate and could be off by a few days before, or after.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2017, 06:26 PM
    All of that is just @. In pregnancy unless you only had sex once, there is no way to know for sure. Plus it can take sperm several days to reach the egg.
    With all of that, estimating conception dates, it is give or take a week, within a 2 week range.

Mar 3, 2017, 06:30 PM
    Based off the ultrasound it said the conception date was June 26 so if it happened after that wouldn't the baby measure smaller ? Someone alsomsaid that if one guy falls with the conception period and the other doesn't it would be the guy who's did fall within the time frame ? Can conception happen four whole days after the estimated day
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 3, 2017, 06:44 PM
    It takes a couple of days for sperm to reach the Fallopian Tubes. Sperm can survive in the female body for up to a week waiting for an egg. If you had sex twice in the same week, the odds are very good that there was a mixture of both men's sperm waiting for the egg.

Pregnancy does not happen the day you have sex. Pregnancy begins when the fertilized egg implants on the wall of the uterus which is several days after sex.

Ultrasounds can not give a definite conception date. Even the earliest ultrasounds can be a week off.

Babies start off developing at approximately the same rate. However, the farther into the pregnancy the more variations arise.

Unless a doctor implants an embryo, there are no ways to tell exactly when a pregnancy began.

DNA testing is the only way to know for certain who the father is.

Mar 3, 2017, 06:55 PM
    Ok wouldn't once further along the baby develop slower than expected if conceived four days later than estimated?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2017, 07:08 PM
    Even going by measurements from an early scan, you won't automatically have an exact date for conception. As was said, early on babies develop at a fairly predictable rate, and this is when a scan might be used for dating a pregnancy, but it can still be off by several days... and just a few days can make all the difference.

If the two encounters were spaced a bit further apart, you could have a more likely situation, but with them being just days apart, it comes down more to just a guess.

Did you happen to have your period between the two encounters? That could offer another more or less likely scenario, but still not a guarantee.

Mar 3, 2017, 07:27 PM
    No it was like the 12 of June I've googled and it said based on the conception date June 26 the possible days could have been June 22-30 and since I had sex the 30 that means he's the day right ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2017, 07:35 PM
    No it doesn't. Too close to tell. DNA will let you know. Were you trying to get pregnant?

Mar 3, 2017, 07:57 PM
    No not at all but I'm just confused about getting pregnant on apossoble conception date instead of the actually conception date it said I would have conceived from June 22-30 that's just super confusing it's a girl it that helps narrow it down ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 3, 2017, 09:11 PM
    Gender does not matter. Babies grow at the same speed whether male or female.

All of the advice you have been given is 100 % correct. Conception dating is nothing more than a rough estimate. Since there is not a camera in your Fallopian tubes capturing the moment that the sperm meets the egg, there is no way to know exactly when conception occurs.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to notify both men that they may possibly be a father and will have to submit to a DNA test after the baby is born.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 4, 2017, 03:10 AM
    PLEASE get that DNA from the men ASAP, and the baby as soon as she is born!
    Unless you are independently wealthy.
    Our taxes go up and up to fund too many mothers and unplanned kids for the next 18 years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2017, 08:46 AM
    There is no possible way to tell, PERIOD.

It is too close, some babies are larger and some babies are smaller, even the scans are just that from an average baby and they can be off on dating a week or two also. There is no such thing as an exact date of conception unless you just had sex once during that 2 week or so period.

So you will not know... till the baby is born and there is a DNA test.
    Expert

Mar 4, 2017, 09:34 AM
    I totally get your confusion, but fact is it's virtually impossible to tell who the father is when you have multiple sexual partners so close together. The real question is how you intend to handle that confusion.

Your thoughts please.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2017, 06:05 PM
    The dates you are going by are based on an average. It is commonly used for dating purposes unless measurements from an early scan are off considerably, then dates might be altered slightly.

To have an average, some women will naturally ovulate a bit sooner than the norm and some a bit later. This is, in part, why there are several weeks at the end of pregnancy in which it is normal to give birth, and a due date is basically an estimation... often based on an average.

As others have shared, the only way you can know who the father is, with certainty, is with DNA testing. Difficult situation to be in, to be sure. Wishing you well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step father wanting to adopt n bio father has a felon [ 0 Answers ]

We r in the middle of a adoption with my two teenagers and the biolocial father has not seen them or had anything to do with them. Then he sends a letter stating he wants a DNA n his ssi to stop and then I called him on Friday n him his wife said for me not to contact them anymore n loose the...

No father listed on birth certificate, father has no contact, can my husband adopt [ 2 Answers ]

There is no father listed on my child's birth certificate because I was legally married but separated from my first husband. No paternity has been established with child's father and I have been unable to get child support from him, even after my divorce. Since then, there has not been a...

Bio father is deceased. Father listed fled. Husband wants his name put on & to adpt [ 4 Answers ]

"I was 5 months pregnant when I met a man (obviously not the father), and started dating him. He wanted to marry me & raise the baby as it were his own. I married him right before the baby was born. The bio father wanted nothing to do with either of us and came to find out that he had another baby...

How can I add father's name in my child birth certificate if father lives abroad [ 3 Answers ]

The father lives out of EC and needs visa to UK. He involves inmy son lives an financially support him

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

View more questions Search