Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddcarson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2016, 03:06 PM
    Gel develops on outside of submerged cable
    We have an instrument suspended in a tank of water, we have noticed that a gel like substance is on the cable only where it has touched the water (potable), has anyone seen this before and what causes it?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 31, 2016, 06:16 AM
    What type of cable are you using? What voltage and current is the cable carrying? How long has it been submerged in the water? Are you sure that the substance isn't algae?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 31, 2016, 12:14 PM
    Might be a cable lubricant or chemical component is reacting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F&W cream gel with lemon movate gel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm a newbie here. I just started using Fair & White cream gel and Lemon movate gel (Day 2). I plan to mix both gels together and use 2x daily on my face, where it is needed the most. I was recommended to use Tetmosol soap on my face. I am fairly new to this, and really all I want is a...

Submerged water well [ 1 Answers ]

My welll will humm if I hold them points but want pump up do I need to prime the well it is a sum Bmerged well not shure how deep put new capacitore,starter relay, and overload switch

How do I know if I have a submerged well pump? [ 17 Answers ]

We just moved into a house that is on a well. I have never lived with a well. How am I supposed to know how far down the well is or if the pump is submerged? There is a well head in the yard that is slightly below ground level and has a meter cover over it (like for city water) but there is a...

55H+ cristalline with hot movate gel and neoprosone gel [ 100 Answers ]

I just ordered some 55h+ cristalline glycerin and some hot movate gel and neoprposone gel. I plan to mix all the ingredients together and use on my body 2x daily. On my face, I will use clearqucik gel mixed with the exclusive fair and white whitenizer gel crème and the serum and some black soap on...

New hitch develops in Obama's 'mandatory' volunteerism plans [ 0 Answers ]

Any 'mandatory' volunteerism must get union clearance... That would be the same SEIU that sent union thugs to harass Tea Partiers and whose president is on the White House guest list and whose illegal lobbying efforts have been detailed by Americans for Tax Reform and the Alliance for...

View more questions Search