Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suzy Murphy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2015, 12:53 AM
    Hi I won a judgement of $2600.00 against a man on disability. How can I collect?
    This man I there is a man who is the owner of a "bent and dent" (sells discounted/out of date food). He is on disability. He sells some of his stock at a weekend flea market for cash. He is also collecting food stamps. Is all that I just mentioned legal? One last thing. I have a judgement against him for $2600.00 for not paying rent.. Is this legal and is there any thing I can do to collect my money? Since being evicted, he had changed his address and phone number so I have no way of getting in touch with him
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2015, 04:03 AM
    The majority of judgements do not ever get collected. Winning is easy, getting your money hard. I would say you will never get your money.

if he reports his income selling things at the flea market, it is legal. If he does not report it, it is not legal. You would have to try and prove he is doing it, and report it to the food stamp office, along with his social security number. (if he rented from you, you should have that) Photos of him working, lifting cases of food and the such would be good.

Unless of course he tries to sue you for harassment, stalking and so on. So hiring a PI to do this would be best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a law firm collect on a judgement if I am already paying on another judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement with Citibank that I am curently making payments on. Capital One just obtained a judgement against me. I have a wage hearing with the judge in a few weeks. Can Capital one collect on this judgement since I am already paying on one already?

Can one collect alimony while on disability? [ 2 Answers ]

My 38 yr old married daughter is on disability ($500.00 mo.). She and husband (he's a functional alcoholic) are divorcing. Can she file for/collect alimony while on disability?

Won judgement, need to collect in NY [ 5 Answers ]

I won a judgement for $1,000. I know the debtors home address, I know where she works and I know what bank she uses. She is currently trying to buy the house she is living in, it is under contract. I think I have some leverage with her in the process of home buying, and I know she will not want...

View more questions Search