Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleyringstaff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2018, 06:41 PM
    I am unsure on what to do. I am 22 weeks pregnant and I need help
    I am 22 weeks pregnant and I have been having stomach and back pains for three or four days now. When I touch my stomach I can feel that it is really hard and tight. I sometimes feel like I have pressure in my pelvic area but then it stops but comes back. I can still feel my son move a little but mainly only in my pelvic area. Eating, drinking laying down, taking a bath or walking does not seem to take the pain away, the only time I feel relieved is when I am sleeping, but when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom my stomach still hurts. This is my 5th pregnancy but my first that I have been this far along. I called the on-call ob yesterday and she said that I might be dehydrated and told me to drink 32 oz of water and then try laying down and see if that helps, well I did and I am still having pain.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 19, 2018, 07:26 PM
    ''This is my 5th pregnancy but my first that I have been this far along.'' -- Hi, please explain that first!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 19, 2018, 08:43 PM
    Joy, I'm assuming, and only assuming, that she means that she miscarried the other 4, that this is the furthest she's ever gotten in any of her pregnancies.

To the poster. Back ache and pain is a part of pregnancy, but, if my guess about your other 4 pregnancies is correct, you're a high risk pregnancy and if you feel something is off, don't call the OBGYN, go in and be seen in person.

You really won't get anything but more worry by going online for answers. Even if you managed to find a doctor online to talk to, that doctor doesn't know your medical history, doesn't have access to tests or even just seeing you (alot can be determined just by looking at hands, face, feet etc).

Go see your doctor if you're worried. That's really the best advice you'll find online.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 19, 2018, 09:23 PM
    Joy, she means she miscarried the other 4 pregnancies.

Your on call doctor advised you correctly to drink water to see if that resolved the problem. Obviously it didn’t. As I tell all of my patients, I cannot assess you over the phone/computer. Considering you are higher risk because of your previous losses, it is imperative that you go to the hospital you will be delivering at to be properly assessed.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 20, 2018, 02:23 AM
    Oh I figured that is what she meant, but was flabbergasted that she she went online for answers without a single detail of her past.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure if pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My period was supposed to start on the fourth of October, and last four days ending on the 7th. Instead I started on the 8th early in the morning. My cyles are usually on time, Ive been late a couple times but only by a day or two that's it. The whole four days I was supposed to be having my...

Unsure if I'm pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and am now a week and 2 days late. I've id slight cramping at random times and have really been having to use the bathroom a lot more than I normally do. Also my lower back has been hurting more. Any thoughts to help?

Ex breaking 5 weeks of NC today has left me confused and unsure of what to do/say. [ 5 Answers ]

I've been posting a bit on the NC calender thread and reading a heap of other threads to try and gain an understanding of what to expect/what I'm going through at the moment. Basically I was in a relationship for 7 years with a girl who is awesome but it had just run its course. We both had...

Unsure if pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I just wrote in explaining my scenario, being 4 days late, two test were completely negative and one test had a slight pink line come up determining positive but not all the way. I am having nausea throughout the day, not bad, but a lot between meal times. I got an answer that said by 4 days late a...

Could I be pregnant? Unsure [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my partner were trying for a baby for 2 months. I was due on my period on the 22 April and still haven't come on. I have became tired all the time my belly has bloated and both of these I had at the beginning of my first pregnancy. I have took several tests and they have all came back...

View more questions Search