Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ridgerunner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 01:36 PM
    Home run business
    My wife and I live in Ohio and we are thinking of starting a private day care center from our home for people who might need someone to care for a family member while they work or go on vacation. We recently took care of my wife's ailing mother for almost 2 years before she passed away this past august(2005)and have felt the need to help others who have also such needs. We simply want to know what we can do legally in this matter and weather or not we need any special license or permit to do so.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Jan 26, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Day care is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner
    My wife and I live in Ohio and we are thinking of starting a private day care center from our home for people who might need someone to care for a family member while they work or go on vacation. We recently took care of my wife's ailing mother for almost 2 years before she passed away this past august(2005)and have felt the need to help others who have also such needs. We simply want to know what we can do legally in this matter and weather or not we need any special license or permit to do so.
    Sorry to hear that your mom passed away.

It's nice that you have this need to help others.
    THAT'S GREAT!! :)

I'm almost positive you need a license/permit to operate a daycare. I odn't think you can run one with out it and I think your home has to be set up in a certain way (safety for the children).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Licence
    Can I perhaps assume this is an adult not a child daycare??

There are tons of regulations in either. Also insurance of a home based business so you will have to get riders on your insurance plus liability insurance in case someone gets hurt on your property, ( home owners does not cover business liablity at your home)

Also you will have to see if city zoning allows a part time business in your home and you will have to get city permit or licence and perhaps a county licence also.

If you are doing adult day care most likely medicare ( your state agency) will have to inspect and licnec you as well.

Now this does not mean tha 100's don't do this illegally with no licnece or no insurance but it only takes one accident to make you lose everything.

Start by contacting your state medicare office
    Your city business licnece office
    Your city zoning commission
    Your county licencing office
    And your insurance agent.

Not what you wanted to hear I know,
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Feb 8, 2006, 10:50 PM
    Good advice on the insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Based Business Article [ 3 Answers ]

www.dynamic-xchange.com/home-based-business.php

Home business [ 2 Answers ]

I will be caring for a child in my home (5 days a week, 8hrs. A day). Do I have to pay taxes on my income ($95. A day), and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks. :)

View more questions Search