Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shara2120 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Yeast Infection
    I've been having this problem for about six months now and I just don't know how to solve it. After my period I get a high fishy smell or just a smell at times. I've been to the doctor many times but each month its all back again. I can't afford to visit the doctor so regularly and I'm tired of feeling like this. Is there anything I can do?
    Mira559 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 18, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shara2120
    I've been having this problem for about six months now and i just dont know how to solve it. After my period i get a high fishy smell or just a smell at times. I've been to the doctor many times but each month its all back again. I can't afford to visit the doctor so regularly and i'm tired of feeling like this. Is there anything i can do?
    Why do you think it is a yeast infection? Usually you will have an uncrollable itch and "cottage cheese" like discharge... It might be a bacterial infection. I know it can be expensive to go to the doctor, but you should probably give it another shot. Do you have a low cost clinic in your area?
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 18, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Yeast infections typically don't give off the fishy smell. Bacterial infections have the fishy smell and they will continue to stay around until properly treated! Call your doctor and let them know what is going on, if they have seen your recently... maybe you won't have to come it.

Plus, some STDs can have a fishy smell also, so if you are sexually active (safe or not), you may need to go SEE the doctor! Let them run some simple test to rule out STDs.

Good Luck and God Loves You!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 12:02 PM
    The only thing I can add to the answers above, for clarity only...

Bacterial infections are just that and caused by bacteria.

Yeast infections are fungal infections and caused by a fungus.

If it is bacteria, you most definitely need to be on an antibiotic.

Please see your doc when this is happening so that it can be cultured.

May 18, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Well I was told its yeast infection from the my first two visits to the doctor and when it came back I went to another doctor who gave me a sets of bacterial pills but its just back again
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 18, 2007, 12:16 PM
    A C&S (culture & sensitivity) may need to be done to find out exactly what it is any exactly the best medication to use.

An antibacterial will not get rid of a yeast infection, only an antifungal will.

May 18, 2007, 12:19 PM
    When I visited my doctor last month he gave me some pills different from the ones for yeast for bacterial infection and that was after my period in April. This month period ended on Monday and its all back again.

I'm sure its not an STD as I had asked him about it and I haven't have sex in a month now.
    antymay Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 10:56 PM
    It's probably bacterial vaginosis, usually caused by an overgrowth of abnormal bacteria. It responds to prescription flagyl. Acidophilus or active culture yogurt also helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infection? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: I think I have a yeast infection but I don't know I don't ich its just a discharge that's like think and white... so I took the monistat one night crap and it went away for a while then came back... I thnk I should go to a geno but I don't have one I actually don't have a doctor right...

Yeast infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a yeast infection and my discharge has a yellowish tint to it,should I worry or should I call my doctor.:o

Yeast infection [ 2 Answers ]

My girl has an itching below on the vulva. She has no discharge, no odor, but she has some pains in her pelvics area. Is this a yeast infection, and if it's a std what are the usual time spans for symptoms

Possible yeast infection? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have had intercourse recently with my GF, she has been my ONLY partner for approximately over a year. I have never encountered any problems during or after intecourse that has affected my health only until recently. Last week we had unprotected intercourse while she was on her menstruation. I...

Yeast infection? [ 3 Answers ]

These were my other posts that will help me explain my new one. I have found a birth control that's doesn't make me feel sick and it has help my period so that it has finally stopped. I am getting a lot of discharge now which before I was told was overgrowth in yeast. This would be the third time...

View more questions Search