Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a-reed19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2014, 03:58 PM
    Going to contested divorce trial, I'm so nervous of what to expect
    I have trial in two weeks for my uncontested divorce in MO. The only thing we do not agree on is parenting time. I want the kids full time and so does she, but she does not have a stable place to live, no job and no car. We have been separated for over a year now and the whole time I have held a good job, vehicle and live in the same apartment I got after we split up. My two girls have their own room and 4 and 5 year old by the way.

My wife keeps living with random friends and her mom's house and they fight all the time and my wife always ends up getting kicked out. I'm just scared and nervous about the trial because I don't know what to expect, seems like the guy always loses. My gut is telling me just settle now because feel like she's going to bring up bs past stuff and the trial will be nasty and embarrassing to us both. Any help or advise would be appreciated. I don't want to end up only seeing them every other weekend.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 25, 2014, 04:11 PM
    The big question is do you have a lawyer, and does she, and if not, how do you know?
    You will have better chances with a lawyer.

Are all your proofs well documented, with copies of leases, financials, and pictures?
    Why couldn't you agree on joint custody?
    Isn't she expecting child support? You could be told to pay for her apartment and all the kids' expenses.

This is why you need a lawyer. Telling a judge that she fights with her mother isn't worth a dime. The court wants to know what can be proven.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2014, 05:31 PM
    Heresay isn't worth anything either. You have to have documentation; and if you are telling us the whole story, don't worry and get a good lawyer. Your two young girls are worth fighting for if you are a good parent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Contested divorce [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is going through withdrawals from drug addiction and has decided in a frenzy of emotion to divorce me. We've only been married 4months and share a house we rent. I'm currently not working and have no money or a vehicle. I moved to his town and know no one. He is telling me I must move...

Contested divorce and trying to do it on my own. [ 2 Answers ]

My ex husband is a commercial fisherman. I am a single working mother. (my son is from first marriage) We were only married for 4 months before he decided he wanted a divorce. We have not properties, no children, and no monies together. He is asking for a china hutch he gave me, for me to...

Contested divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Our daugther has filed for divorce. Her soon to be X, I hope, is contesting wanting equity. We gave her the land, made down payment and other expenses of setting up double wide. He signed papers all he intitled to was one half of principal paid on home. He has not lived there for 2 yrs and did...

I got a contested divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I am living in CA. After I got married, I have been in constant verbal and physical violence from my wife. After my wife beat me several times in one week in August 2007, I filed a refraining order and moved out. Since then we separated. Last month I filed the divorce petition, recently I received...

I want to fill for a non contested divorce on my own what should I do [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 7 years now. Wev'e only lived together for the 1st month and have never live together since. We have no kids no property or any dept together, nothing. We speak sometimes to one another and we both bring up the subject of divorce and we agree to meet complete...

View more questions Search