Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mickeyaaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Basement Drain is positioned for a bathtub, we want to install a shower
    We are in the process of developing our basement. The floor plan that was used by the builder called for a bathtub in the bathroom, so the drain pipe is positioned for a bathtub. We want to install a shower, but the drain hole does not line-up. It is off by about 2 feet.
    Is there any simple solution?
    Any showers that the drain hole can be repositioned?
    Please help, we really do not want a bathtub. :)
    Thanks Muchly.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 9, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Hey Mickey,

I've found a manufactured shower base that you can install in a tub rough in, (see image), but you ain't going to like the $. Between $720 and $760. If you want to ckeck it out click on, Vita Bath - Shower Basin

My advice? Save big bucks and move the trap and raiser to fit a less expensive base and enclosure. Decide upon a base. Mark the spot where the drain will set and move the trap and raiser to that spot. Make the trap raiser a few inches above the pour and patch the cement where you took it up. If the shower base gives a bit when you step in it bed the base by puddling mortar or cement under it to give it a ridged base and prevent leaks. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing basement shower with bathtub.. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi guys. So, I need to replace a basement shower with a bathtub. I replaced tubs before, not that hard. However, I've never quite done this, and I'm concerned about the drain. Obviously, I'd like to move it a bit, maybe a foot or so. How hard is it to adapt what's there to a bathtub drain. ...

Converting basement 36" sq shower to bathtub... [ 1 Answers ]

Currently, I have a 36" sq shower in the basement and want to change it to a bathtub. It was put together poorly by the original owner and was molding. I didn't like the layout anyways so want to redo/redesign it. I'd like to put a bathtub in that location. I've attached a sketch of the layout....

Basement shower install [ 7 Answers ]

I am installing a shower drain in a 2 year old basement that was only plumbed for a 1/2 bath. I have broken up the cement in the area for the drain which is right next to a vent stack. There is a 3" pipe that runs to the stack. Can I tie my drain directly into this? See attached photo for...

Basement Shower Install [ 4 Answers ]

I have a basement with a rough-in for a 1/2 bath but would like to add a shower. If I use a preform shower can I elevate it so as to put in a trap? Do I even need a trap? If I do need a trap how much space is needed from drain to trap and trap to main line? Also can I utilize the drain pipe for...

Basement Shower Install [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm installing a bathroom in my basement. It was originally roughed in for a toilet and sink, of course, we want a shower as well. The shower will go close to where an existing floor drain was, so I dug up the floor and took out the old floor drain trap, y'd the line and put in a new...

View more questions Search