Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marneewilson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 02:01 PM
    Disposition of remains
    Can a surviving spouse (in Ontario, Canada) change the disposition of the remains of a deceased spouse if other clearly stated wishes were formalized in a will? (ie deceased wishes were to be buried, surviving spouse wishes to keep remains in residence).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2009, 02:10 PM
    She can challenge the will, but she can't just arbitrarily ignore the provisions of the will.

On the other hand, someone will have to file legal action to force her to adhere to the terms of the will.

By the way, I'm assuming he was or will be cremated. There are laws preventing someone from keeping remains of a deceased anywhere but a licensed cemetery.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 02:14 PM

Are there other family members who would contest her during this.

But if this was his wishes why would they want to dishonor his memory by doing something he did not want done, why not merely a memorial of some sort in the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Errors on disposition [ 1 Answers ]

What happens when a disposition is incorrect? I have heard that if you are in jail and you have an incorrect disposition pertaining to the time you must serve that your jail time may be less or the court can dismiss your case in California. Is this right?

Could there may be a genetic pre disposition among breeds? [ 6 Answers ]

We too have a brown and tan miniature dacshund with balding on chest and ears. We have had numerous test administered at the vet with no real resolve. We were giving a liquid med. Orally that would help were it a mite problem that had not been detected, but still have no real Progress. He does...

Fixed asset disposition [ 1 Answers ]

How do I record Fixed asset disposal when assets is not fully depreciated (non cash - just somewhat a write off) Equip 15,000.00 Accum 10,000.00 NBV 5,000.00 FMV?? Dr CR What do I debit??

Summary Disposition [ 1 Answers ]

I was sued by a Coll. Agency. Answered the summons and appeared in Court. The judge ordered us to go to a problem resolution center' this is exactly what it sounds like. This meeting is in September. Today I received in the mail a motion from the coll. Agency a 'motion for summary disposition' ...

Code on disposition slip? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. On my disposition slip from the court it lists the original charge. The guilty plea(PG), the 1 year conditional discharge(CD=1Y) but on the date I paid the $50 fine on 6/28/96 the column is marked "EXS". Obviously this was referring to the date I paid the fine and the case was disposed...

View more questions Search