Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    receiver2015 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2015, 09:03 AM
    I want to start my own new religion legally how do I start it ?
    I want to start my own new religion legally how do I start it ? What is the procedure ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2015, 09:13 AM
    Finding a bunch of simple minded oafs who believe whatever you say is critical.

Dec 30, 2015, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Finding a bunch of simple minded oafs who believe whatever you say is critical.
    I think you didn't understood me I want to start my newly created religion legally because I don't believe in anyone other then me and myself. I have believe in me and myself.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 30, 2015, 09:22 AM
    Smoothy understood you completely.
    As to your question it really depends on your location and your aims.
    Of course you don't seek permission for World Domination.....
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2015, 09:22 AM
    You will find a religion of one isn't recognized anywhere as a religion. That is the pretext of my answer. What you describe however is more likely to be considered a cult than a bonified religion if you manage to pull it off.

The IRS and other government and taxing entities will be significantly harder to convince if that is your ultimate aim.

Dec 30, 2015, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You will find a religion of one isn't recognized anywhere.
    I am serious I want to register my newly created religion I want to know the procedure ? I don't believe in anyone other then me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2015, 09:24 AM
    If your PRACTICE of your RELIGION violates no laws then you are already LEGAL. No registration is necessary. Whether or not you are RECOGNIZED depends on your FOLLOWERS. How many of those do you have?
    BossMan

Dec 30, 2015, 09:27 AM
    Self Belief is NOT a religion as it is universal.

Dec 30, 2015, 09:27 AM
    i live in india, can you please guide me how to register my created religion in india ? or can i register my newly created religion in U.S operating from India ?
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2015, 09:30 AM
    WHY do you feel you have to register it? What is it that you are trying to achieve?

Dec 30, 2015, 09:33 AM
    Since I believe in myself I say I am god as the god of universe made me god so now I want to register my newly created religion legally either in india or in U.S if in U.S operated remotely from india.

Can you please guide.
    BossMan

Dec 30, 2015, 09:36 AM
    Many people believe that they are godlike, most live in special buildings with padded walls and hugging jackets.

Dec 30, 2015, 09:37 AM
    Can you please tell me procedure ?

Thanks for answering.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2015, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by receiver2015 View Post
    Can you please tell me procedure ?

Thanks for answering.
    No registration is needed. Write an article for a magazine or newspaper or write a book or somehow get your ideas in front of the rest of the world.

Dec 30, 2015, 09:54 AM
    Can you please confirm if there is any law in india which says to register religion legally otherwise there will be cases against the person who created religion ?

Thanks for answering.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2015, 09:56 AM
    Can you please confirm if there is any law in india which says to register religion legally otherwise there will be cases against the person who created religion ?

Thanks for answering.
    What would you hope registration would accomplish?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 30, 2015, 09:58 AM
    The closest I found to registering a religion in India is in the tax code: NGO Registration in India: Trust, Society and Non profit Company Contact your government and find out what they say.

Good luck convincing any government body that your belief is a religion. Religion is more than deciding for yourself you are "God". You have to have followers, tenants of faith, etc.

Frankly, many so-called religious leaders over the centuries have decided they are "God" usually to make money off of people who are gullible enough to believe them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2015, 10:02 AM
    It would seem that a "god" would know how to accomplish simple things like where and how to register himself for whatever.

Just sayin"

Dec 30, 2015, 10:10 AM
    Is there a company which lets anyone register for ngo society in section 8 online ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2015, 10:12 AM
    Since I believe in myself I say I am god as the god of universe made me god so now I want to register my newly created religion legally either in india or in U.S if in U.S operated remotely from india.

Can you please guide.
    Ok, lets get a little serious here. First, let define religion: the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods:

Religions are not "registered". I don't know of anyplace in the world where a religion has to be registered to exist. However, there are points where a religion does have to be registered, primarily when the religion wants a tax break, i.e.. To own property without owing real estate taxes. So you would register with your taxing authority in that case. Frankly I would like to be a fly on the wall if and when you did that. I expect they will laugh you out of the office is they don't call for a straight jacket.

But a religion of 1 would not be recognized as a valid religion. Since religion is the belief in a higher power, you would need to get other people to believe in you as the higher power. You would then need to get enough people to share your belief that a regligion would be recognized.

So good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere 304 lawn tractor won't start after jump start [ 0 Answers ]

My 304 started up at the first jump, and I proceeded to remove the jumper cables, and it immediately stopped running. Reconnected the cables, now it turns over but will not start. I can smell gas, tractor is 2 yrs old. What did I zap when I jumped it?

Won't start-deck engage switch is causing it to start or not start [ 0 Answers ]

I must engage deck plunger several times to get the tractor to start sometimes it never starts 1 year old-aprill 2011

My Whirlpool Senseon gas dryer won't start up when I press the Start button? [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer doesn't start when I press the Start button. It just hums. Start capacitor bad?

My honda accor d don't start,I'm put other distributor , only make sound like start [ 1 Answers ]

I change the distributor, but doing samething, make sound like start ,(the starter so weird)

View more questions Search