Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reddevil6620 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 12:55 PM
    Inviting additional guests without asking or informing the hostess first
    I was throwing a football kickoff party for the guy I've been seeing & a couple of friends of ours. Nothing formal... just the homies. Well... the guy I've been seeing decides he'd like to see his kids & bring them to the shidig... which is cool because other kids will be there. Here's the problem: he also invited the x baby mama to attend as well (his & her relationship is combustable at best & I've never formally met this woman so don't know what to expect--she doesn't let him see his kids cause he smokes pot) without asking me or informing me of his inviting her before he did it. Now... understand... I would never keep him from seeing his kids and his x wouldve been welcomed in my home but I was offended and tbought his actions were rude and insensitive considering I was notified after he invited her. This caused a tiff and nobody showed up for the kickoff party after I spent $$ getting all of this set up. They didn't even bother to tell me they weren't coming---- had to figure that out myself. Was I wrong telling him his actions were rude & insensitive? I told him she would be welcomed. I just think he shouldve notified me first of his intent. Help..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 2, 2012, 01:25 PM
    Does he live with you? Did he help plan and pay for the party?

If the answer to both these questions is no, then he had no right to invite anyone to your home, your party, without asking you first. His actions were very rude.

I also have to wonder why he would invite the ex, especially since they don't get along. Did he only invite her because he wouldn't have been able to see his kids without her tagging along?

Either way, he should have asked you before he invited anyone.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 2, 2012, 01:28 PM
    You are 100% right in my book.

Sep 2, 2012, 03:43 PM
    No... he doesn't live with me nor did he help pay for any of the expenses involving this shindig. And no... he really can't see his kids without her tagging along. But to not even show up... that really fried my bacon. QUOTE=Alty;3257221]Does he live with you? Did he help plan and pay for the party?

If the answer to both these questions is no, then he had no right to invite anyone to your home, your party, without asking you first. His actions were very rude.

I also have to wonder why he would invite the ex, especially since they don't get along. Did he only invite her because he wouldn't have been able to see his kids without her tagging along?

Either way, he should have asked you before he invited anyone.[/QUOTE]

Sep 2, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You are 100% right in my book.
    Thank you so much. I really needed confirmation that my mama raised me right. He was wrong and tells me "we just see things differently"... wtf? :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 2, 2012, 06:22 PM
    This is totally unacceptable and may be a good reason he has a ex babies momma,

It should be clear that she is not welcome and that he is out of line even considering it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 2, 2012, 08:00 PM
    So I'm dying to know... did you dump him? I would.

YOUR house.
    YOUR party.
    YOUR food.
    Couldn't be bothered to even mention it, much less ask.
    AND they all obviously went elsewhere, or at the very least left you hanging. That would seal it for me. This all says a lot about him and how he would be in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Informing each other of what the other is doing?? [ 11 Answers ]

In a partnership is it decent to always inform your partner of what you are doing... For example... Last night my partner gave his sister a lift back home, as I said I was going to sleep.. after 30 minutes he didn't return I wondered where he was so I messaged him, and he replied saying he...

How to write a letter for informing new forwarder [ 0 Answers ]

Forwarder last pick up for ThursdayT ETA to KGL is on WED 4.00pm & pick up for Friday eta to KLA is Thur 4.00pm

I want to be an air hostess [ 6 Answers ]

I've always waanted to be an air hostess,and I am beautiful girl and have everything the job requires.but I have one problem. My problem is the I have athletic,bowed legs from the knee down,and I'm afrid I won't be an air hostess because of this problem.and I know that this is a job that requires...

Dinner Party Etiquette - guests inviting more guests! [ 24 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a small dinner party with family members. A month ago I sent out an email invitation to the all the family living near by, total of 12 guests. Now, 3 days before the party one of the family members has invited 6 more people to my party, 4 are family from out of town, 2 are dates. ...

Selling home without informing beneficiaries [ 2 Answers ]

There was property left to myself and siblings by my parents. I just found out that it was sold and I was not informed (until after deal was done and money paid). Could the executor (sibling) done this without my signature or my knowledge. What can I do?

View more questions Search