Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dazzor Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 17, 2011, 09:23 AM
    No local Area Connection
    I basically reformatted my PC to Windows 7 and I have a duel boot on my PC,
    Unix and Windows, my Windows 7 doesn't see my Router and has no Local Area Connection
    In the Network And Sharing Center, although my Unix sees my Router and Works
    Perfectly with it, any ideas?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 17, 2011, 09:57 AM
    NIC driver needs updating.
    Or, if your lucky, simply enabling in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center or Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

Nov 17, 2011, 10:03 AM
    if your lucky, simply enabling in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center or Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
    I appreciate your help but I didn't quiet understand what you said there.
    BossMan

Nov 17, 2011, 10:10 AM
    Have you checked to see if the network card is installed and enabled.
    The reference is the location in Win7

Nov 17, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Have you checked to see if the network card is installed and enabled.
    The reference is the location in Win7
    And if say hypothetically it isn't how and where can I install it, and how do I check it? Also I don't think it's a problem with the card because my Unix sees it.
    BossMan

Nov 17, 2011, 12:09 PM
    Different drivers between Windows and Unix ;)

Anyway, if it isn't displayed in the Network and Internet area then a trip to the machine's manufactures site would be in order.
    Failing that the card maker would also do..

Nov 18, 2011, 03:09 AM
    Anyway, if it isn't displayed in the Network and Internet area then a trip to the machine's manufactures site would be in order.
    Failing that the card maker would also do
    Thanks for your time and patience respect.
    BossMan

Nov 18, 2011, 08:50 AM
    Did it work then ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2011, 09:04 AM
    Here's a thought, he said PC but it could be a laptop. Maybe the issue is that the Unix partition had the Unix drivers good to go for the wireless chipset but not Windows.

Nov 19, 2011, 02:44 AM
    Here's a thought, he said PC but it could be a laptop. Maybe the issue is that the Unix partition had the Unix drivers good to go for the wireless chip-set but not Windows
    Its actually a desktop PC, and it didn't work cause I am to lazy to download drivers, I used Everest Ultimate to figure out my Internet controller and went to the Intel website now I need to burn it on a disc but I am to lazy. At any rate thanks for all your help.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2011, 02:49 AM
    Use a USB stick, much easier. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Local Area Connection [ 6 Answers ]

I have had my PC for about 2 years now , unfortunately on AOL! I keep getting a "Local Area Connection3" cable is unplugged , which I presume is either my phone line or the usb from my modem?? This is literally every 2 minutes and it's a real pain.. Also AOL is going mad as well , my PC...

Local Area Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am Yatin, Whenever I go to local area connection and on it the optios "Sent and Received" keeps on moving faster. I Don't know what to do.And also when I go sites which I enabled http: it comes that this is encrypted.And also the connection is slow. Please help.

Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection* [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I have been unable to connect to the internet in one of my laptops from the past two days. I have tried several things to fix it. Unpluging the internet router, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew etc etc. When I do ipconfig in command prompt I am getting this: I have no idea what...

Fixing Local Area Connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, In my household, my computer is the one that is connected to the router. Just recently, my internet on all off my family members computers is fine, but mine is not working. There is a message that keeps saying there is a problem with my Local Area Connection, but I have no idea what to do....

Local area connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently restore my PC system, I have a webstar dpc2100 modem, It was connected before my PC crash, but now I cannot get connected to internet and local area connection is missing, How can setup again this to connect to inetrnet? thanks in advance for your help. :)

View more questions Search