Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sags95 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Dark brown discharge but no period for the 3rd day?! I'm really scared please help!
    Okay so I'm 15 years old, and since my last period (july 21st) I have lost 15 pounds, and I workout everyday. I got some brown discharge on Wednesday and it continued for 3 days, I have not yet noticed blood! What is wrong with me? I'm not pregnant. Please I need real advice!
    And will it be shorter since I have loss weight?
    I'm really scared and I need an answer!

****now I'm wearing a pad just in case, but all there is the brown discharge you get before your period. Also if it is only spotting how long will it last?
    Also is it normal for there to be brown discharge on the pad instead of my period?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2010, 04:35 PM

Hi sags,

It could be just an irregular period which is not uncommon during the teen years even if all the others have been normal.

It may your period is getting ready to start... some women will have the brown discharge at the start of a period and/or at the end of a period, or you may just skip a usual period this month.

The drop in weight is probably not enough to cause it but your body may have reacted to it this way and will regulate again. However, does this 15 pound weight loss put you at a very low weight? As that can effect periods too.

See what happens over the next week. If not much of a period, then see what happens for September. If it is still off, you could see about visiting the doctor for the peace of mind.
    sarasmom61809 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Aug 29, 2010, 08:45 AM

Has exercising always been a part of your everyday routine? I have been irregular all of my life. Until I had my daughter. I was a dancer and gymnast for many years so my period was all over the place. I had it maybe 4 times a yr. That is not the case anymore though. But I do exercise again more frequently and my cycle has changed and doesn't come every 28 days but maybe every 40 days.
    sengi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2011, 02:53 AM
    I'm 25 years old, and my last period was (july 30) . I got some brown discharge on 24th August then stopped and today also got few drops of brownish discharge, I have not yet noticed blood! What is wrong with me? I'm virgin. I'm taking iron tablets prescribed by the doctor for 2 months ,last month I got my regular period,but this month happening like this... please I need real advice!

I'm really scared and I need an answer!

****now I'm wearing a pad just in case, but all there is the brown discharge, also if it is only spotting how long will it last?
    Also is it normal for there to be brown discharge on the pad instead of my period?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Brown Discharge 2 or 3 Weeks After Period [ 2 Answers ]

I have had an irregular period for as long as I can remember, but it has only been recently that I have been experiencing a dark brown vaginal discharge 2 or 3 weeks after a period. My partner and I are trying to conceive a second child and having this discharge is making it difficult for...

Dark brown discharge, but no period? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 15 years old, and since my last period (july 21st) I have lost 15 pounds, and I workout everyday. I got some brown discharge on Wednesday and it continued for 3 days, I have not yet noticed blood! What is wrong with me? I'm not pregnant. Please I need real advice! And will it be...

Brown discharge 1 day after missed period? [ 1 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Brown discharge after one day period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Guys on December 27th I got my period , it was really red and use two pads but on the next two days I started brown discharge. I usually get my period by the end of every month for three days. This is odd to me to have my period on the 27th of Dec for one day what can it be?:) :)

View more questions Search