Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weirish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2014, 02:22 PM
    Does the amount of SSI affect the amount of child support?
    My son has downs syndrome and receives SSI. I also receive child support for life due to his handicap. My ex is going for modification. Does the amount of SSI affect the amount of child support?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 27, 2014, 06:24 PM
    The court will take all changes to income into account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Child receiving SSI as child support payments does the child need to claim on taxex [ 0 Answers ]

My daughter is receiving child support benefits from her father who is on SSI disablity. Will she have to claim this on her tax forms as long as she made under 25,000. For the year. Also will her child support benefits continue as long as she is enrolled in a secondary school.

Will my child support for my child be cut if my child receives a benifiary ssi check [ 2 Answers ]

I am receiving child support for my daughter, her father has recently been approved for ssi disability in Tennessee.he has signed her up for benefits also will my child support be takenm away if she gets a check also from his disability?

Can child support for one child affect SSI benefits for another child? [ 2 Answers ]

I will soon start getting child support payments for my son who his father has not paid in over 10 years but I'm concern that my other son who is disabled and gets ssi benefits that it will lower or take his benefits away?

In FLORIDA 23yr old son receives SSI will SSI affect his child support amount he rece [ 7 Answers ]

We live in Florida. My 23yr old mentally retarded/autistic son receives SSI and I want to know if the SSI he receives will be adjusted in the amount of child supportthat his non custodial father has to pay. Will they deduct the SSI amount from the amount of child support due thereby reducing the...

View more questions Search