Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 9, 2006, 05:33 PM
    What's happening with my machine here??
    Okay?? On two occasions while I was in this forum actually (yes I blame you) I got cut off in the middle of typing and was automatically tranfered to my email page. I never had that happen before but these two times which was lastnight and just now. Is that normal??
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 9, 2006, 05:39 PM
    R you sure you haven't got spyware and did you press any key combination while typing?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 9, 2006, 05:44 PM
    Install Anti spyware, update and scan just to be on the safe side.(A couple of good removal tools are Spybot and Adaware)

You can never be too safe ;)

Jan 9, 2006, 05:47 PM
    I hadn't pushed any buttons and we just got our new norton antivirus and firewall protection updates installed a week ago. I also have antispy ware. Norton says everything is okay. I was just typing the letters and whoop there it was.

Jan 9, 2006, 05:52 PM
    I had a similar thing with always having caps. Press shift 5 times really fast and press ESC. Then press all your special keys e.g. alt windows key. I found out my key was stuck lol and I was going mad
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 05:58 PM
    I have no idea what's going on for you crankie but I have a similar problem. Except in my case, I get sent to Google. I have Google as my homepage... is your email page your default homepage? In my case, I thought maybe I was accidentally pressing a key that would take me back to my default homepage.

Jan 9, 2006, 05:59 PM
    I get a lot of emails and the first thing I do is look at that. Maybe my computer is being polite?? :D
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2006, 06:02 PM
    LOL maybe! Although if it really were polite it would wait until you were finished typing! :D

Jan 9, 2006, 06:04 PM
    Lmao

Maybe a Browser hyjacker or a mistake by you. Do u have anything else open?

Jan 9, 2006, 06:15 PM
    I would ask my mate who's an IT bloke but he wouldn't be happy if I woke him @ 1.20am so ill ask him tomorrow/today (depending on time zone lol) and see if he's got any other ideas.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
    A couple of things to think about.
    1/ when you go to your e-mail is it a client like Outlook or webmail ?
    2/ Do you have new mail ?
    3/ Ok I lied 3 things
    4/ Ooops numbers have gone to pot
    5/
    6/ Did this start before ofr after you got your 'new' Norton ?

It may just be a case of you're receiving new mail and Norton is changing the active window while it is scanning the mail.

Jan 9, 2006, 06:58 PM
    It didn't start till after I got my new norton. I could have hit something on accident because I type with out looking at my keyboard because I can remember where all the keys are located by heart and know where to place my fingers. I could have hit something with my speed typing. :D I got Yahoo email.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crankiebabie
    It didnt start till after I got my new norton. I could have hit something on accident because I type with out looking at my keyboard because I can remember where all the keys are located by heart and know where to place my fingers. i could have hit something with my speed typing. :D I got yahoo email.
    This happens to me often. I press Ctrl instead of Shift or hit some other combination of keys that triggers opening another window.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Keys
    Hi, crankiebabie,
    Same thing happens to me sometimes. I hit the wrong keys, and up pops a window with options; hitting ESC solves it. Also have had it go to another screen while typing, but I probably hit the wrong keys again.
    I don't use Norton; but use AVG. so I don't think Norton would have anything to do with it.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 10, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Odd happenings
    Hmnn.I just typed in my password,and got sent to Google.The same problem Orange had? I have a Trust wireless keyboard,and mouse.It has been a pain in the butt,since I received it as a gift over xmas (the intention was good).Damn,I wanted the Bluetooth version.Oh well,back to stupid PS2 connections.I hate lots of dangling wires,trailing everywhere.
    By the way,I have good security on my desktop,including a lot recommended by "my forum collegues".Everything is clear,including keyloggers!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's happening please help [ 6 Answers ]

as long as I can remember werid things have always happen to me, dreams I dreamt came true, I could tell you when the fone was going to ring n who it was for, and when ever I was around strange sounds would happen and t.v lights etc would go werid. But recently things have got worse, when I was...

What's happening to me [ 11 Answers ]

I have had normal periods and I am taking the pill This month even though I am on the pill I strted bleeding 2 days prev and then stopped I woke up early one morning and found that I was covered in blood which has never happened and have been very heavy bleeding since ? And very very painful...

What Happen and what's happening now [ 7 Answers ]

Well the topic that is so popular on people mind is what happen with me in my further wife after all the drama. Well in one sentence I'll tell you. Many things was wrong, first there was no trust. No good commnication and a distance relationship and too much damage had already been done. So I...

What's happening to me? [ 6 Answers ]

I just resumed taking birth control again after being off it for about 7 months. Two weeks into taking the pill again, I had an "intimate moment" with my boyfriend and I began bleeding profusely. It's been almost a week and the bleeding is lighter, yet still constant. How long should this last?...

What is happening [ 2 Answers ]

I will start by saying I haven't been with a man in 4 12 yrs. But I recently got married and my husband and I are trying to conceive. My cycle is usually pretty normal. I can bet on it an win. But since we are trying to have a baby, I made sure that we were together during my fertile and ovulating...

View more questions Search