Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paul111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2005, 04:16 PM
    Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower Warranty
    I am planning to purchase a Craftsman 4000 Riding Lawn Mower, and am wondering if it is worth the money to purchase the 3 year extended warranty? Can anyone advise?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2005, 07:31 PM
    Well, yes in one sense, they all have a 2 year limited, to fix or repair or replace anything defective, but you must maintain it of course, 30 days in home fix. 90 day battery warranty. The extended is one more year, makes it 3, and that's in home fix, repair or replace if not repairable. The regular does not cover operater neglect of course, the fuel system, engine, steering and all, must be maintained, so if the carb gets gummed up from old fuel, that's your problem. Very good warranty, since they put their own warranty on their mowers.

Better than an extended warranty, a protection agreement goes beyond your manufacturer's warranty to protect you from unexpected repairs and help maintain optimal product performance. Here's how:

* Professional service by trained Sears technicians you can trust
    * Unlimited service calls on covered repairs at no extra charge and no hidden fees
    * If we can't fix it, we'll replace it with coverage up to $1,500
    * No hassles -- you deal directly with Sears, not the manufacturer

During Checkout,
    Choose the Protection Agreement that is right for you:

3YR In-Home Repair Protection Agreement $299.99Some limitations apply.
    For more details on Protection Agreements, call 800-767-2000.

Copy of what the protection agreement is.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2005, 07:59 PM
    Also, check out their website for more info, www.sears.com unless you already have, it gives info on the mower your looking for as well.
    Gene GeRue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2005, 05:22 PM
    So what does the Repair Protection Agreement cover?
    I have tried in vain to find a copy of the Repair Protection Agreement that I can read without severe eye strain. The offer on the other side is in nice, large print, but on the other side, the Agreement is in tiny, gray print. Ugh! I squinted my way through what appears to say the battery is covered but no normal maintenance of any kind appears to be covered. Again, it might be there but I can't find it. Unless I can read the thing I cannot see parting with three hundred dollars based on hyperbole on the front of the offer and inscrutability on the back.
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2005, 06:39 PM
    Whole mower, that is if its taken care of in usuall maintenance, and not tortured. Basically anything that breaks that shouldn't, that you didn't break.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Mower 23 Kohler hp 24 inch deck [ 11 Answers ]

I recently went out to mow my lawn with this otherwise reliable machine. I pulled the PTO clutch switch to engage the blades. They started to rotate and I was on my way, for about 30 seconds and then the blades stopped rotating. The motor runs perfectly yet the drive unit for the blade belt does...

Craftsman Riding Mower [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman 11 Hp Riding Lawn Mower That Won't Even Crank.I Have A Good Battery Clean Posts,power To The Starter But When I Push Clutch In To Crank,nothing Happens.what Am I Doing Wrong?

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

Craftsman 11hp riding mower [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend who has an old Craftsman 11hp riding mower and is having some problems. The ignition switch was broken and has been started with a screwdriver until it finally broke. I got a replacement switch today and installed it and now as soon as it is put in the "on" position the engine...

Craftsman 14.5 hp riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

I bought it used it seemed OK,but now I have loss of power.I NOW have a brand new battery.What can I do to the engine or carburator to fix problem?How do I properly adjust carb?Should I overhaul the engine?I haven't found a rebuild kit for my B&S engine(14.5) Any help would be great.Somone told me...

View more questions Search