Ask
    Ihopterri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2015, 06:44 PM
    MRI prep
    Do I have to fast for an MRI ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2015, 06:54 PM
    I never have had to. Did your doctor tell you to fast?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2015, 07:50 PM
    I would ask your doctor. It all depends on what the MRI is for. Three I've had didn't require it but they were for a shoulder and a leg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MRI help!! Please translate [ 6 Answers ]

Below I have posted the MRI report I was given. Keep in mind I'm a 17 year old male and I've had pain at the top of my right buttocks that was hurting me. Findings: No free pelvic fluid. No edema or atrophy within the right gluetal musculature. No right trochanteric bursitis. No right hip joint...

Mri [ 0 Answers ]

Is a MRI able to show deeper stuff in the ear? Is it able show stuff that an ent wouldn't be able to see? Or is it about the same?

Had a mri done [ 5 Answers ]

Been have pain for 7 months now and no Dr knows y I'm getting pain Fr left hip down my left leg what other test can I have done with stocks daily on left

MRI Findings: [ 4 Answers ]

Left Arm pain and weakness reason for MRI. Findings: At C5-6 there is mild posterior spurring contouring the ventral thecal sac. There is fairly severe narrowing of the left neural canal at this level. At C6-7 there is mild posterior spurring and disk protrusion causing mild contouring of...

Shoulder MRI [ 1 Answers ]

I fell four years ago on my shoulder and I finally went in a few weeks ago for an MRI. Unfortunately, my ortho doctor is not answering my questions, so I am in the process of switching doctors. If anyone could help with my MRI that would be great. Impression: 1. Tendinopathy supraspinatus tendon....

View more questions Search