Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluejay_ph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2010, 10:42 PM
    Should managers be required to be on time?
    I am a senior manager. Lately, our company has been deducting from my salary for my tardiness. I am suppose to be part of management and I'm asking what could be the reasons this is being done. We as managers get to implement the most unpopular policies and we're being penalized for being late.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 21, 2010, 10:44 PM
    Managers should lead BY EXAMPLE, so what is your continual lateness saying to the employees?

First in and last out.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 22, 2010, 09:22 AM

In general preople in management positions are salaried employee s(not paid hourly) and consequently are paid a fixed amount regadles of the actual number of hours on the job site. However, in certain positions maagers must be on duty during regular hours to supervise their direct reports. So although you should not be on a time clock, your boss would probably say that if you're not present during work hours you aren't doing your job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much waiting time is required for uae employment visa [ 0 Answers ]

How much time is required for an employment visa for u.a.e.?

Time required to drop the temperature [ 1 Answers ]

Need help- Thermal problem? A solid sphere (density p and specific heat capacity c) of radius r at an initial temperature 200K is suspended inside a chamber whose walls are at almost 0K. The time required (in micron sec) for the temperature of the sphere to drop to 100K is- 1) 72/7 rpc/sigma...

Need to know normal time required for UK Visitor Visa [ 1 Answers ]

I have applied for UK Visitor Visa.My nationality is Indian and I am Currently staying in United States.my unique Appointment Reference number is: VAR001693424 And my appointment is confirmed for: Saturday, 24 January 2009 at 12:00 I want to know if I submit all required documents on 24th,also...

Managers and Time Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Are managers that are paid a salary required to fill out a time card?

View more questions Search