Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemonlime Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 02:54 PM
    New Condenser Fan runs for 5 minutes
    New Condenser Fan Motor runs 5 minutes then quits,however compressor continues to run ,I turned off the t-stat demand. Fan seems warm to the touch,will start up after 30 minutes or so please advice
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Did you replace the capacitor along with the motor?

Aug 2, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Yes I installed a new 5 mfd with the new motor
    rayachi Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Did You Check How Many Amps New Motor Is Pulling ? Also Check Your Wiring

Aug 2, 2008, 07:56 PM
    I'm a little confused about the wiring new motor has br,br/wh,bl,wh. I understand brns go to cap. Separate posts however where on the contactor does the white and black go on .Question is it possible that I received the wrong motor and it can't possible be wired? My previous motor had yellow and brown wire-caped,bl. pur,orange. Assist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to...

Blower runs only 2 minutes but A/C compressor keeps running [ 1 Answers ]

The blower which pushes either cold air through the house as part of the central air conditioning only runs for about 2 to 3 minutes at a time. Then it shuts off. The Lennox compressor unit outside though, runs continuously. After a while (about 10-15 minutes) the blower turns on again. Is it...

Condenser runs while heating [ 1 Answers ]

When operating my furnace in the heat mode the air conditioner condenser unit runs. I assume this should not be. What is wrong with my system. This is in a new house - first cold weather experienced.

Hot water runs out after 5-10 minutes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Need some assistance: I have a 30 gallon gas hot water heater about 10 yrs old with copper plumbing and after taking the shower for 5-10 minutes, there is no more hot water. What are some of the possible causes & fix? Thank you, Matt

View more questions Search