Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranlas Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2006, 08:30 PM
    Updating Printer Driver
    I am trying to update my Lexmark X1185 All-In-One driver ( Ver. 1.0.0.0 to 2.0.2.2 ). I keep getting this error message:- C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installableVirtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose " Close " to terminate the application. ( Close or Ignore ). If I choose ignore, the installer says that the driver is installed OK,but the Device Manager shows no change. I have disabled Auto Protect - no good, I have deleted S32EVNT1.DLL and put it in the recycle bin,but still the message appears. Symantec has been no help.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 27, 2006, 10:45 PM
    Fixes...
    Something is up with your NAV. I did a Google search on the file and error message and came up with quite a few hits.

The following two KB articles on the Symantec site should be helpful:
    Document ID: 2001092114452606
    Document ID: 2002061016251406

Open http://www.symantec.com/index.htm and search for the document ID numbers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Generally, you need to temporarily disable your anti-virus when installing new software.

Jan 28, 2006, 10:13 PM
    Updating Printer Driver,
    As nothing so far has worked, I tried unsuccessfullyto uninstall Norton AntiVirus, but with " phillysteakandcheese " advice I downloaded SymNRT,and that uninstalled it .Even with no Norton the error message appeared and driver could not be installed.
    So I'm no further than before.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 28, 2006, 10:31 PM
    Hi,
    Try the following link.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...00030812224206
    Hope it will work. Give me a rating if it works.

Jan 29, 2006, 01:01 AM
    Thank you,butwhen you click on the link supplied-you get " We're Sorry, an error in the Knowledge Base "
    I have forgotten to mention that I have 2005 NAV.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 29, 2006, 01:30 AM
    I think that link will not help if you are having new vesions of NAV. It was supporting 2002 and 2003 which are already discontinued and that is why you are getting the error message.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 29, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Do you have any other Symantec products installed that might still be using the Symantec Event Manager?

I'm still thinking you need to somehow get all of Symantec's stuff out of the system so that this DLL isn't registered anymore.

Mar 21, 2006, 09:48 PM
    I have completely removed Norton / Symantec from the PC. Installed Avanti AntiVirus, seems to be working OK so far. The main thing is that the Lexmark Driver Ver. 2.0.2.2, still can't be installed, if it is installed, then the Device Manager is telling fibs.So I am still at a loss, why it won't install ?

Mar 22, 2006, 06:35 AM
    What happens when you try to install it? How are you trying to install it? Where did you get the driver from?

Mar 22, 2006, 03:35 PM
    I got the Driver from Lexmark, I have tried, first uninstall old Driver, then install new driver, Setup says Driver installed successfully, Device Manager still shows old Driver.Tried install without uninstalling old Driver, same result. <
    To update the driver, the best way is to uninstall then reinstall the
    Driver. The version in device manager may be different as the driver may
    Not have been updated, but the software bundled with the driver. >
    This last bit is from Lexmark Support, I don't quite understand the last part of it.

Mar 23, 2006, 06:09 AM
    Not sure what you got from Lexmark. It might not be just the drivers but other software used to opearate the printer. So new drivers may not be included.

Try removing the printer completely, then reinstalling using the downloading file.

Mar 24, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Thank's Scott but I have done that, Uninstall and reinstall from download file, the result is just the same.Before I do some damage, I better quit. The printer is working OK, so I will leave it as is.
    It's annoying though, why is it so.
    By the way no more error messages anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Updating 2 Wire Thermostat with Electronic Wireless [ 12 Answers ]

I've searched all the earlier Q&A and can't seem to find a matching problem. I am trying to replace an older 2 wire thermostat with a fancy, new wireless programmable thermostat. I am only running heat. I just want on/off and that's it. The furnace is a Burnham Series 2 Gas Boiler dated...

Printer driver - "access denied"? [ 2 Answers ]

Using Win XP Pro, installed printer was working fine, changed "print spool" location as a tweak but now printer is not working as before. Uninstalled printer driver and tried to reinstall, but get "access denied"? I am loged in as administrator. Lost??

Updating text on HTML pages at run-time [ 7 Answers ]

I am novice web-site developer with previous programming experience. I am creating a very basic brochure-style web site based on tables with Frontpage 2003 as the development tool. I am having difficulty trying to figure out how to program into a script the logic to be able to update a web page...

Trouble Updating Records Individually [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to update a table in Microsoft Access with the following SQL: UPDATE tblLastLDAP, tblGenex1 SET tblGenex1.SURROGATEID = Left(!,6) & Int((99-1+1)*Rnd()+1); I want the records to each be set to a number between 1 and 99 (+ the beginning info), but the result of the SQL above sets all...

View more questions Search