Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chandvivek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Red wine glasses?
    Can you advise me on how to select the correct red wine glasses - there seems to be quite a range. I have Bordeaux glasses but now require something that would be usable with all red wines.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Check out Wine Glasses - DiWineTaste They will let you know a little bit about everything and it's very interesting!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 11:50 AM
    I find a nice crystal bordeaux glass appropriate for most reds. My palatte is not as sensitive as many, but I think its absolutely acceptable. I can't tell the difference in how some of the different shapes cause the wine to hit the tongue, but I do know that having a thin crystal lip is more pleasing that the fatter, cheaper glasses.

We've some nice riedel stemless, and we've got a few other sets from the wine enthusiast... but I've mixed feelings about their products. The cabs we have are nice enough... my wife ordered some stemless glasses for pinot noir's because she liked them and I sent them all back. Air bubbles, generally sloppy work. Not impressed.

So when in doubt I think a higher quality bordeaux glass with a thin lip is absolutely fine for your needs.

Not an expert here. Just what I seem to get away with.
    MSBee28 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 26, 2009, 09:43 PM

The glasses you have will be acceptable for all reds, but a Pinot glass is a good one to have around as well
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Fyi...

Not that new posts are unacceptable, but the OP'er hasn't been back to this thread since dec 1, 2007...

Doesn't mean new info is not useful... but its always good to try to spend time on newer questions... those members are more likely "here" and looking for advice and who might give you some feedback.

The OP'er who posts one several years ago... might be not worth the time or effort and won't likely thank you for your hard work.

Still... I agree with all you said msbee28.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glasses [ 9 Answers ]

In my right eye I'm farsighted.. and I'm going to the eye doctor soon.. and I no he's gonan tell me that this time I need glasses.. cause I went aobut a year ago and he said I didn't need glasses then.. but come back if its gotten worse.. I had 2 notes from my school to go to the eye doctor.. and...

My PC need glasses ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have the hp pavilion and the hp psc 750 printer. We installed a cd rw, which started to slowly give me freeze ups at various times and caused numerous restarts. I have since gone back to the original cd rom pending further evaluation of rewritables. Now however my computer says it doesn't...

Need glasses [ 1 Answers ]

I already have a prescription for new glasses but on debility and am struggling with getting them. My theraptist told me to contact the Lyons club to see if you can help. I have glaucoma in both eyes , am starting to tell a difference in my sight... can you lead me to a help source ?

Diabetics and glasses [ 2 Answers ]

Do diabetics pay for the lenses for glasses or not? I know that they pay for the frames. oscar47

Film on glasses [ 2 Answers ]

What causes a white film on glasses after the dishwasher? How can I remove it?:

View more questions Search