Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loriaharris Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2014, 03:22 PM
    Software that Tracks Revenue Transactions Involving Payouts to Several Parties
    I am required to write a business report, here is the criteria: Your company's managers have beenthinking about purchasing software that will help it track revenue transactionsinvolving payouts to several parties. Find out what kind of software is available, develop criteria forevaluating the options you find, and offer your managers recommendations. In other words, is it worth it to purchasethis type of software at all? If so, which is the best choice? Can anyone tell me what is meant by "revenue transactions involving payouts to several parties"? Thanks. Lori H
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 03:38 PM
    It seems to me that they are asking you to do something subversive. Better ask more questions about what they want; otherwise you would not be here asking if this is correct or not.

I think they want you to track government websites for revenue payouts in order for them not to pay out extreme taxes.

It doesn't matter to us, but are you in the US or Canada.

Nov 30, 2014, 03:41 PM
    Tickle,
    Thanks for responding, I am in the U.S.
    I am totally confused by the assignment as well. It is an assignment for a business writing class, and I think they did not word this properly. The only thing I can think is the revenue must be split between partners, but doesn't most if not all accounting software have that capability?

Lori
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 30, 2014, 04:11 PM
    Your question is beyond me now. We are all volunteers here with other professions. Please don't be disappointed if you don't hear from an expert soon.

Nov 30, 2014, 04:29 PM
    Tickle,

No problem. I was thinking it could have something to do with profit sharing as well. Maybe the assignment is open to personal interpretation.
    Anyway, thanks for the response.

Lori H
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2014, 05:51 PM
    "revenue transactions involving payouts to several parties"? I would think it is just an Accounts Payable system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounts payable transactions refer to transactions with vendors or suppliers [ 1 Answers ]

This is for peachtree, and true or false question

Which of the following transactions is recorded in the revenue journal [ 3 Answers ]

Which of the following transactions is recorded in the revenue journal? a. sale of excess office equipment for cash b. rendering services for cash c. rendering services on account d. sale of excess office equipment on account

501C3 Payouts [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 501C3 Booster club at our gymnastics gym. Can pay outs to members be based up members participation in the fund raiser. Or does each member need an equal pay out.

Recognize Revenue from the transactions [ 1 Answers ]

:( :confused: :confused: :( How do I identify when revenue should be recognized for the following? Southwest Airlines sell you an advance-purchase airline ticket in September for your flight home at Christmas. Ultimate Electronics sells you a home theatre on a "no money down, no interest,...

View more questions Search