Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naveedminhas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Removing Above Ground Pool
    I have an above ground Pool which is over 5 years old and probably 15 x 30 oval shaped.I have no manuals since the pool came with the house. I want to get rid of the pool. It is full of water at this time. I am absolutely not a handy man. Please tell me what is the easiest and cheapest way to get rid of this pool. What kind of tools and expertise I will need?
    Thanks for all the help.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 08:49 AM
    A knife for to poke holes in it and a car to knock it down...

Seriously though, it should have a pump to circulate water, this pump should have a setting to empty the pool, find it and check. Once the water is our a wrench set to undo the bolts on the metal frame and take it apart, the rest is just a liner you can roll up and toss.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Not so with the circulating pump. It will only pump down until the skimmer is empty, about 6 in. then it will stop pumping. Actually the knife would work better. You could take one of your longer hoses used for cleaning and get it full of water in the pool. Cover the end with your hand and pull it out and down to the ground quickly. It will start to siphon all the way to the bottom. The rest is nuts and bolts once the plastic liner is removed. I removed one last year and actually used a hachet to chop the walls into sections. Got $75 for the aluminum from the local recycler.
    venemark Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Have you already removed the pool?

If not, I will do it for you for free and take the pool

Call me, 514 933-7109

Email is [email protected]

Mark
    venemark Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Of course you have to be in Montreal... I didn't think you might not, since I thought this was a montreal site.
    saly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by naveedminhas
    I have an above ground Pool which is over 5 years old and probably 15 x 30 oval shaped.I have no manuals since the pool came with the house. I want to get rid of the pool. It is full of water at this time. I am absolutely not a handy man. Please tell me what is the easiest and cheapest way to get rid of this pool. What kind of tools and expertise I will need?
    Thanks for all the help.

Do you still have the pool in your backyard? If yes let me know... I'll go take it out.
    saly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by naveedminhas
    Thanks for all the help.
    You didn't answer. Does that mean that you don't have the pool anymore?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering, can I keep an above ground pool up all winter with no water in it or will it collapse even though it has the braces all around it? Thank you.

Removing above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

hello, someone please help me, my girlfriend is moving to Arizona,and she is giving me her 15x30 oval pool. The thing is,I must remove it from her home and reinstall at mine. I have the bodies to do this,my question is; what tools would I need to safely remove this pool without ruining it or not...

Removing Above ground pool. [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone who lives in southern New Jersey (in the Gloucester County area) have an above ground pool in good condition that they would like disassembled and removed? I would be happy to do it. Please just let me know.

Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty. Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.

How can I level my above ground pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I bought a pool last year, I think its about 14', its not one of those super nice ones with the deck attached or anything, just one of those 400 dollar ones from wal*mart... but I could never get it to stay up.. I think it was just not level enough last year, it would stay up fine for a couple...

View more questions Search