Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BelleFleur Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2015, 02:30 PM
    Pure Lactic Acid 90% Peel
    Hi, everyone

I am new here and I am looking for some suggestions on Pure Lactic Acid 90% to do a full body peel. Can someone please help me, out on how to dilute the acid? This is going to be my first skin peel attempt... I'm thining on doing at least a 35% solution. Do I apply the solution on my entire body at once or should I do each body parts separately then neutralize with a wet cloth soaked in a bowl of Baking Soda after each application? How long do I leave on for? Someone please respond...

Thank you!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 24, 2015, 03:38 PM
    My response is do not attempt this yourself. Think about it. Especially with the baking soda. You will be experiencing third degree burns to most of your body and will experience a total body peel like no other.

Where did you ever hear this was doable by ones self ?

Apr 24, 2015, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    My response is do not attempt this yourself. Think about it. Especially with the baking soda. You will be experiencing third degree burns to most of your body and will experience a total body peel like no other.

Where did you ever hear this was doable by ones self ?
    Hi, thanks for responding. I just say some videos on YouTube that was helpful and it is possible to do on your own if you follow instructions correctly. About the Baking Soda, it is good to neutralize the acid.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2015, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleFleur View Post
    Hi, thanks for responding. I just say some videos on YouTube that was helpful and it is possible to do on your own if you follow instructions correctly. About the Baking Soda, it is good to neutralize the acid.
    There are many explanations and instructions on the Internet and YouTube that are actually harmful. Like tickle said, don't do this on your own. Burns and scarring can be the result. Please don't risk it.

Apr 24, 2015, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There are many explanations and instructions on the Internet and YouTube that are actually harmful. Like tickle said, don't do this on your own. Burns and scarring can be the result. Please don't risk it.
    Hi, Wondergirl

Thanks for your concern but I am still thinking on giving it a try. I'm going to do a little bit more research first before I make an attempt.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2015, 04:30 PM
    If that's you in the avatar, you're so pretty. I can't imagine why you would interfere with that.

Apr 24, 2015, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I was told by my aunt that once you dilute it with distilled water and use a less percentage it wouldn't cause any burns because she has done it before. She stated you have to average the amount of water and acid for the percentage that you want. I was told since it will be my first time I can add it into a lotion. She said, it will be average out with tbl spoons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lactic acid peel with 90% pure lactic acid. [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to make a 40% lactic acid peel with 90% pure lactic acid. What are the steps needed to dilute the lactic acid to a 40%. I was thinking 1sp of distilled water and 1sp of lactic acid? Please correct me if I am wrong. Also I am trying to make a 12% lactic acid lotion with 12oz of...

I have ordered my retina A and HQ4.. Should I do a lactic acid peel first? [ 5 Answers ]

Thanks to the wonderful information I received from this site I have ordered the products I need to begin my journey. But I have read that it is a good idea to do a peel first so the body is more receptive to the retina and HQ.. What peel should I use at wjat percent and where can I get if from? I...

Glycolic or lactic peel what's the best? [ 18 Answers ]

HELLO! So I never did a peel before and I tried retin a with so much success I was so happy.But now I would like to try glycolic or lactic peel and I'm a little scared. So could you advise me:which one should I choose?30%,60%.. and your experience with it... thanks a lot:rolleyes:

View more questions Search