Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ms476902 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Wrong info on death certificate
    My mother in law passed away last week... she was in the hospital awaiting a liver transplant. She began to vomit quite a bit so doctors found ulcers. They put her to sleep to "clamp" the ulcers but a few days later she vomitted again. They gave her a phenigran sp? To help with the nausea. She fell asleep, vomitted, choked, and died. Doctors put liver disease on her death certificate, seems like it should have been from the choking, what do you guys think? This will depend if her husband will receive any of her life insurance. Any help would be great!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 13, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Why should they have put 'choking' when they were treating liver disease?
    Your assumption is incorrect and you should be taking this up with the coroner who signed the death certificate.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
    Liver disease can cause vomiting, thus it was a symptom of her disease that caused her death. Thus, the death certificate is correct.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Why would whether she died of choking or liver disease affect the insurance. Unless the liver disease was caused by excessive drinking, I don't see why it would matter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2012, 10:52 PM
    I am sorry, either is not a "accident" if they only had a accident policy on her. And either is a medical illness but one is a sympton and the other the cause.

They were correct in listing this.

And no, it would not make any difference to the insurance company on a life insurance policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death Certificate [ 15 Answers ]

Need some help here, My second cousin recently passed away but we were very close when I was young, took me fishing, football, did everything a father should for his son. I was asked to start to arrange everything for his funeral has his daughter is out of the country for the next few days and...

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

Gift Certificate of Death [ 97 Answers ]

Has everyone veiwed the insane idea brought to attention Dec 2 for holiday gift certificate? The New York Times reported that 35 parent planning station across the Unitied States have offered the gift of death as a Christmas gift. As quoted in the news: Here's an original holiday gift...

Need a death certificate copy [ 1 Answers ]

I need a copy of a death certificate, where do I go to get a copy of it? Would that be the courthouse/ emoore

Death certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am doing a biographical search on a subject, minor nobility, who died in South of France, 1878 and would like to obtain death certificate, also find burial place. She is buried in Nimes, Arles, maybe Nice. Can anyone direct me how to get records in France, and a listing...

View more questions Search