Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainesbros555 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 10:18 PM
    Having trouble finding the correct kitchen sink sprayer nonthreaded replacement hose.
    The valve assembly under the sink is brass with a integral tee for the sprayer hose. The hose connector is unthreaded. Under the sink at the end of the stainless steel sprayer hose is a 3/4" long brass coupling, then a gray plastic piece inserted into the brass coupling that fits over the integral tee coming out of the valve assembly. No markings to indicate the faucet manufacturer. I'm not sure how to remove the sprayer hose but am considering either prying it off, which may break something critical, or just removing the entire faucet/sprayer assembly and replacing the whole enchilada.

Jan 20, 2010, 07:11 AM
    Here is a picture of the where the sprayer hose connects. How do I remove the hose and where can I get a replacement?
    Attached Images

afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 01:26 PM

See your Pic, try to push the grey and pull the hose see if it disconnect, if does once it is removed and take to plumbing supply if they can help you a replacement, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Jan 20, 2010, 07:44 PM

Thanks for the tip. Push the grey insert to the left and further into the coupling? Or push it to the right toward the valve assembly?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 08:06 PM
    Hi Rainesbros555...

John got you started real well... :) Use a pair of needlenose pliers to push on the gray ring while pushing on the brass coupler with your hand in the opposite direction and once the gray ring is compressed you will PULL on the brass coupler to release. Give it a shot...

MARK
    Attached Images

Jan 20, 2010, 08:18 PM

Hello massplumber2008,
    Thanks for the advise and photo! I'll give that a shot.
    cher1087 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Hi Rainesbros555...

John got ya started real well...:) Use a pair of needlenose pliers to push on the gray ring while pushing on the brass coupler with your hand in the opposite direction and once the gray ring is compressed you will PULL on the brass coupler to release. Give it a shot...

MARK
    What is the name of these parts or where can I find them this is what I need to fix my sprayer but I don't know where to find them I would like to order them on-line
    Thanks
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 28, 2010, 08:15 PM

Hi Cher

That will depend on the manufacturer of your faucet. Can you post a picture of your faucet?

Mark
    cher1087 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 08:21 PM

It looks just like the picture above of the under sink parts.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 29, 2010, 11:33 AM

I think this is a moen faucet... what brand name is on your faucet? Let me know... OK?

If you have a moen faucet you can get repair parts at no charge by calling 1800BUYMOEN.

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sprayer/hose replacement leaks [ 5 Answers ]

I just replaced the entire kitchen sprayer hose assembly, and now the leak is worse than before. It appears to be leaking at the connection to the sink, not the sprayer. I tried with plumbers tape and without, and have the same problem. Water seems to be leaking around the connection and up...

How do you connect the kitchen sprayer hose to the copper pipe under the sink? [ 1 Answers ]

The kitchen sink has a hole on top for installation of a sprayer. It also seems to have an independent copper pipe with a valve underneath however, there are no threads on this copper pipe for threading a tube from the top to the copper pipe. The copper pipe is capped.

Kitchen sink sprayer hose water connection [ 2 Answers ]

The hose from my sprayer connects under my sink with an almost air-hose type connection with a small O-ring. (which is fine), What seemed to be left after it came off was a plastic casing in two parts, held together with wire. It comes from the manufacturer this way. Can anyone please explain how...

Kitchen Sink w/sprayer hose plumbing diagram [ 1 Answers ]

I need a detailed diagram of how a sprayer hose is connected to the kitchen sink plumbing. I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find one that actually shows the sprayer hose and how is connected to the plumbing under the kitchen sink. I have found several that mention the sprayer hose but...

View more questions Search