Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kishanv06 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 10:22 AM
    What can I do about ex husbands family harassing me
    My ex husbands family is herassing me and mynew family about my son and its to the point where I do NOT feel safe to send my son to them! My ex husbands anut and brother have both told me that if I don't let my son go to his dads that they are going to take ligal act upon it, and it don't add up rite since we have done went to court and the judge has agreed with our agreement as far as my son going ot his dads. He is to take him the first week of ever month and when he starts school then he gets to pick ONE weekend out of that month. His mother wrote the agreement I agreed to it cause it wasn't a lot of time that my son would be away from me. Now they are saying that isn't what was wrote I have ALL my paper work from court.. Is there any way I can get FULL custody of my son and not have to worry so much about sending him back there? I feel my son is in d
    Danger there!
    Please help me on this?
    Thank you Jessica
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 1, 2012, 10:26 AM
    What danger is there that you are claiming?

Apr 1, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    What danger is there that you are claiming?
    That I may not get him back.. this isn't the first time they have tried to get him away from me.. I have never in my life hurt my son or done anything to him to hurt him. This time though his dads aunt said that she was going to take him away from me just don't see how it could happen since she lives like 3 states away though!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 1, 2012, 10:32 AM
    If she were to take your son then she would be guilty of kidnapping. For that she would sit in prison and have plenty of time to think about what she did wrong. Also being 3 states away does not represent an eminent danger to your child. Even through legal means she won't get very far at that distance. She is just blowing smoke and there is no fire to attend to.

Apr 1, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    If she were to take your son then she would be guilty of kidnapping. For that she would sit in prison and have plenty of time to think about what she did wrong. Also being 3 states away does not represent an eminent danger to your child. Even through legal means she wont get very far at that distance. She is just blowing smoke and there is no fire to attend to.
    O I know his aunt is blowing smoke. But the last time she said she was going to do it that she would be in Indiana and would take him away from me and wouldn't bring him back.. my son is my life just like my little girl is.. but my sons gma is really mean and she is always talking bad about me to my son and his dad is trying to start a lot of crap with me and it makes me made cause we have been friends since we were little!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Are visitation, custody and support by Court Order? If there are threats to kidnap your child go to Court and ask that visitatation be changed to supervised visitation - but be prepared to PROVE what you are alleging. Supervised visitatation means that someone would always be present - an uninvolved third party - while your son is "visiting" with his father.

If you want "full" custody - meaning that the father has no visitation at all - I don't think that is going to happen. I see his aunt making threats, not the father of your child.

Report her threats to the Police - they may or may not be interested.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2012, 02:01 PM
    It sounds like you have custody, full custody does not mean he does not get visits. You can go back to court to change the terms of visits but he will get visits.

Apr 1, 2012, 02:30 PM
    We have joint custody. And he pays support we were up until the beging of last month! Our agreement states that he takes his son the FIRST week of every month and when he starts school its ONE weekend a month.. that is what his mother wrote for OUR agreement.. I am beinging nice and letting him have his son every other weekend and they want to be rude to me about it.. at least I'm being nice and letting him go every other weekend and not with what his MOTHER wrote for our AGREEMENT! Even if they take him the fisrt weekend his dad calls me to come and get him after he has had him 3 days he can not HANDLE his son cause his son has ADHD and OC.. I understand having trouble but his dad has told me sooooo many times that he don't want his son it makes me want to get his last name changed to mine and not worry with him anymore!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kishanv06 View Post
    we have joint custody. and he pays support we WAS up til the beging of last month!! our agreement states that he takes his son the FIRST week of every month and when he starts school its ONE weekend a month.. that is wat his mother wrote for OUR agreement.. i am beinging nice and letting him have his son every other weekend and they want to be rude to me about it.. atleast im being nice and letting him go every other weekend and not with wat his MOTHER wrote for our AGREEMENT!! even if they take him the fisrt weekend his dad calls me to come and get him after he has had him 3 days he can not HANDLE his son cause his son has ADHD and OC.. i understand having trouble but his dad has told me sooooo many times that he dont want his son it makes me want to get his last name changed to mine and not worry with him anymore!!

I still don't understand - his mother wrote an agreement which you signed? The Court ordered visitation/custody? Something else?

Getting the child's last name changed does not change who or what his father is.

This is another case of why did you have a child with this person in the first place? I find it hard to believe that he was a wonderful person from a wonderful family, you had a child and... boom, everything changed.

I think you want to change the child's name to punish the father. At any rate, you are only complicating things if the child uses two different last names and the Court is not going to let you change the child's name without the father's consent.

Your "not bothering him" any more statement makes little sense. You sound very vengeful.

If he's not paying support take him back to Court.
    Expert

Apr 1, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Yes sounds like the child is being caught and used as the weapon of a ugly battle between two adults who hate each other.

You have to follow the court visitation order. If you don't, you can be taken to court. If he is not paying his court ordered support, take him back to court.
    Expert

Yes sounds like the child is being caught and used as the weapon of a ugly battle between two adults who hate each other.

You have to follow the court visitation order. If you don't, you can be taken to court. If he is not paying his court ordered support, take him back to court.

His dad has adhd and ocd.. his dad acts like he is 15 now since he has been out of high school... his mom wrote the agreement and the judge asked if we agreed with it we both said yes and the judge agreed to letting up do it that we.. we came from a small town so its not like the judge didn't know who we were.. me and my sons dad have been friends since we were 8 yrs old.. his mom tells him everything to do if it wasn't for his mom he would take his son.. she has to tell him to get him she has to make him met me to get him.. he acts as if he don't even have a son. But he did make the statement in court the very first time we went to court that if it would have came out a girl he would be there more for the kid!!

Apr 1, 2012, 02:50 PM
    We are friends if his mother and her sister would leave us alone we wouldn't be going through any of this and his family telling me that they are going to take my son away.. Really he had to work the weekend he was to go to his dads so yeah when his dad has to work I have to keep him cause his dad won't pay for a bbysitter cause he don't think it is his responceableity but mine!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop a neighbor from harassing my family [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, Forgive me , first time using the site I have an Issue with a neighbor harassing me and my family, we live in a townhouse/condo and we share a porch which is considered a common area unfortunately Well this neighbor and his friends and family all hangout there smoking and...

How can I stop my neighbor from harassing my family [ 9 Answers ]

My neighbor by the way is in his late 30s and he tried to fight my 15 yr old son. We got a police report of the incident. He has called codes, the police, animal control etc on several people in our neighborhood. He called the police on my family because my teenagers have friends that stop by, he...

How to stop a neighbor from harassing my family? [ 7 Answers ]

I am also in Michigan and long story short I live on a private driveway that is a half mile long and our mailboxes are at the end of our driveway. My granddaughter lives with me and now has my vehicle which the neighbor across the street thinks is mine. When she stops on the private driveway to...

Is it OK not to get along with your husbands family? [ 17 Answers ]

Ive been married for my husband for years now and iVe never really gotten along with his brother and his wife. Possibly because we attended h.s together. Just recently I found out that they had been talking behind my back? Is this OK. Do I let my husband know? Is he or I suppose to confront them?...

View more questions Search