Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thedisturbedguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Depressed about a lot of things
    Hi,
    From the past one year I have begun to feel like a loser. I always feel that people don't understand me well. I have begun to feel that I am a lot selfish and I probably am. I was like the gregarious guy an year ago. Everyone enjoyed my company. I don't know what is seriously wrong with me now.

I have lost interest in doing things I liked. I have begun to feel uncomfortable when people are around me and most of the time I am staying alone. I am doing my Masters in Electrical engineering in the US and am on the verge of graduating this semester. But I am not able to concentrate on anything. I have been away from home for the past 2 years and I don't feel connected to anyone now. There is a lot ay stake if I don't graduate this semester . I am going to screw up everything very badly. I stood first in my high school and have a great GPA in my bachelors degree and also my Masters till now but I think I will end up a loser. I always thought I was mature enough to handle this kind of situation but I find myself in the same situation now.

I have a girlfriend who liked me for my gregariousness and my humor but she avoids me now.. Not her fault I know I have been acting a lot strange these days. Everything has been going wrong for me. I don't feel like meeting people even my close friends.

I seriously am messed up. I know I can't be like this. I don't want to be this way.. but simply when I go out I become the way I am..

Can someone please suggest me anything.

Thanks

--
    David
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Sounds like homesickness and exam stress combined really
    Brandy_Lyn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 10:29 AM
    David,

I am in the same boat. The only thing is, is that I am still in high school. I am a junior grad; which means that I will be graduating this year as a junior. But I feel like I am going to screw it up because I keep skipping classes. Even right now, I should be in my Algebra 2 class but I'm not. And its not because I can't do it; its because I lost the drive. I lost the thing that makes me happy.

My boyfriend also seems to be deserting me. He doesn't call anymore and I just feel like everyone around me is getting what they want but I can't get anything at all. Nothing goes right. And its not because of other people. Its because of me. Skipping is like a drug. When you do it once, you can't stop and that is how it is right now. If you are looking for support or help or you just want to know that someone is here with you, in the same boat, then you have me.

And I am looking for the same thing in somebody.

Brandy
    sawyera bisiga Posts: 29, Reputation: 7

Nov 4, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Hey man,

I'm 15, I've tried meth and cokaine in my life I've tried to kill myself on many instenses and I hate my parents, you don't have it bad my life was a living hell that was about 7 months ago I'm now a lot happyier you just need to find something you enjoy and is a stress reliever and something that builds muscles, for me its kickboxing, its prettymuch supervised street fighting its so ausome. You should look into it
    sadblue Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thedisturbedguy
    Hi,
    From the past one year i have begun to feel like a loser. I always feel that people dont understand me well. I have begun to feel that i am a lot selfish and I probably am. I was like the gregarious guy an year ago. everyone enjoyed my company. I don't know what is seriously wrong with me now.

I have lost interest in doing things i liked. I have begun to feel uncomfortable when people are around me and most of the time i am staying alone. I am doing my Masters in Electrical engineering in the US and am on the verge of graduating this semester. But I am not able to concentrate on anything. I have been away from home for the past 2 years and i don't feel connected to anyone now. There is a lot ay stake if i don't graduate this semester . I am gonna screw up everything very badly. I stood first in my high school and have a great GPA in my bachelors degree and also my Masters till now but i think i will end up a loser. I always thought i was mature enough to handle this kind of situation but i find myself in the same situation now.

I have a girlfriend who liked me for my gregariousness and my humor but she avoids me now.. Not her fault i know i have been acting a lot strange these days. Everything has been going wrong for me. I dont feel like meeting people even my close friends.

I seriously am messed up. I know i can't be like this. I dont want to be this way.. but simply when i go out i become the way i am..

Can someone please suggest me anything. ?

Thanks

--
    David
    It's not your fault that your girlfriend left you there was probably another reason why and you thinking you've been messing up I mean I feel like that too let me tell you something a lot of people right now feel like that right at this moment
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 9, 2007, 05:26 PM
    I'm sorry you are feeling badly David! Have you talked to your doctor about your feelings? Sometimes losing interest in things you once liked can be a sign of depression. Your doctor can help you determine if you are clinically depressed or just stressed out. There are many different causes for depression. Also, talking to a counselor might help. Here are some websites about depression:
    www.medicinenet.com/depression/article.html-29k-
    All About Depression: General: Types, Symptoms, Statistics, Effects
    I think seeing a doctor might help. At the very least, it won't hurt. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon! :)
    kellykels Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Hi David,

I can relate, I am experiencing those exact emotions myself. I am also a college student senior in college and will be completing my BS this upcoming Spring 2008. When I read your question I almost cried because when people experience these emotions we somehow feel that we are alone. I took pride in my outgoing and social attitude. I was easy going and not only the center of attention but likeable and fun. Recently, I have been dealing with a lot (school is just one of them) I think I am depressed and I am seeking therapy but these emotions seem to take a toll on my social life and personal relationships. I know that I cannot sabotage my graduating so I initially attend to my academics but unfortunately, the relationships, as stated above, with my friends and some of my family (aside from family events, holidays) suffer because of my lack of motivation to want to socialize . I do not know how to help myself I have tried medication but did not want to go that route because there were too many side effects and I felt that it was not worth me feeling worse. My expereince with medication was that it eventually complicated even more things (side effects) I found it kind of counter productive. Although you should not exclude it I gave it a try but it was not the best for me at the time. You never know it might work for you see your doctor.

I am currently home on a Saturday night (Friday night – Sat morning 1:21 AM) depressed. I am an exceptional student and on scholarship might I add I have come to notice that my school work has been slightly affected like every other aspect of my life. In addition, I have gained some weight which depresses me even more. I really understand you David. Hope you get better. Maybe some counseling or talking to a friend will assist you in finding the route to why you feel the way you do.

( I am adding this as one of my questions and if anyone would like to comment or lend some advice please do so)
    brown4217 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2011, 11:03 PM

Maybe u should tell your girlfriend who u feel and. It u don't want to tell her. She a therapist beause u Can get easy ovrrwhelm and don't stupid things so that a deep breath and don't think so much and sleep it off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean if you're depressed a lot and feel sad? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 21. I live w/ my fiancé. I get really depressed and sad sometime's. Other time's I get mad or angry. Most of the time I get sad and I don't know why. All my life I've delt with a mean father and mentally loony mother. My friend's have turned their back on me in the past. My grandfather died a...

Who sings the new country song 'I would change a lot of things" [ 2 Answers ]

Can not find the name of the song or artist in it he talks about he would change a lot of things starting with me, and if he had a dime for every time he did something that didn't make no sense he would be living a little higher on the hog

Worrying a lot! [ 4 Answers ]

I really think I'm going to worry myself sick about my puppy. I've ALWAYS got questions if you can't tell already! :p She had her first visit to get groomed today. She looks great, I was really impressed. The trimming all of the hair by her paws and trimmed her toe nails... the problem is......

Hi, I need a lot of help [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Im new My period was due on dec 18. So I'm now 7 days late. I had implantation bleeding on the 11 of dec, which would be on track if I had gotten pregnant. My lmp was nov 20. I've done hpt some were positive, some were negative. This happened with my last pregnancy. So I'm not concerned...

View more questions Search