Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worried22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 09:46 PM
    Credit card fraud
    I transferred 3300 from my job to my credit card with false refunds. I want to pay it back in full now. Its my first offense. Will I go to jail?:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 04:05 AM
    I think that we are skipping some steps here. Have you been charged and arrested? Do you have an attorney? Where are you located? It would be helpful to know those things. Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 04:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by worried22
    I transferred 3300 from my job to my credit card with false refunds. I want to pay it back in full now. Its my first offense. Will I go to jail?:confused:

Very possibly - is your employer pressing charges or did you just decide to "come clean"?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 06:54 AM
    The quicker you repay the company the less likely you are to go to jail. You probably will get a small jail sentence and probation or just probation. This all depends if you have been charged yet or not and how upset the company is with you. If you have not been charged yet and come clean with the company and pay everything back quickly then they MAY just fire you and let it go at that. But don't count on that scenerio too much though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card fraud under 5000$ in quebec, [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am from Quebec and was recently in an apartment with someone I had only known for about 2 weeks... I realize now that it was a mistake, but at the time I was an avid pot smoker and was always looking for some extra cash. I made the mistake of taking my roommates credit card and using it...

Montgomery wards credit card fraud [ 6 Answers ]

I recently found out (this month-July) that my credit account with Montgomery Wards was used to charge over eight hundred dolllars when I had a UPS post office box in Nixa, Missouri back in August of last year. At the time I was residing in a motel in Branson, Mo (nearly 65 miles away) for two...

Spousal credit card fraud [ 1 Answers ]

I applied for a credit card in my husbands name and then used it to transfer all of our high interest credit cards onto. He had no knowledge of this in any way. He has since found out and is of course livid. The credit card company knows that he did not apply for this card and that it was myself...

Credit Card fraud [ 8 Answers ]

I paid off a credit card last yr and 3-4 months later the credit card company reopened my account without my consent. I later had to get my credit report pulled to then realize that I was 30 days late for payment. Automatically a red flag went up because I never pay my bills late and guess what,...

View more questions Search