Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RayW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2019, 08:58 AM
    1/2' cpvc push pull angle stops with attached supply
    I have a valve simmular to this, but its all cpvc. The problem is it keeps "popping" out shutting itself off short of replacing the valve is there anything that can be don to keep the valve in the on position? Its going to be ugly to replace as the back end on the valve is up against the cabinet wall so no extra pipe to glue anything else onto.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2019, 10:18 AM
    Not sure exactly what you have. If the valve keeps turning itself off, open the valve and tape or wire it open. A picture would help.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 1, 2019, 05:07 PM
    I would think a super strong construction adhesive would hold the valve closed. Here, push the valve open and lay a thin bead of construction adhesive between the stem/handle and the body of the valve. Repeat in layers to attain a solid joint.

You could also install a board across the base cabinet and wedge a piece of wood or a piece of copper pipe in between the board and the shut off handle. If done properly, it should resist the "popping" out feature of the shut off valve.

If that doesn't work, replacement is really the only option.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change out and install a push pull bathroom sink wate supply line [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change a push pull shut off water supply line for under the bathroom sink?

I have a leaky water supply line to my toilet, the shut off valve is a pull and push [ 3 Answers ]

The water shut off is a pull and push type, pull up to turn off and push in to turn on is this and all in one piece, I can't figure out how to disconnect the line from the shut off

Newly installed angle shutoff on cpvc leaking at cpvc [ 7 Answers ]

I just installed a shutoff valve for a garage bath sink and I used primer and cpvc glue on the pipe (but not the inside of angle valve). Now after drying 3 hours, its leaking at the cpvc. Is there any way to fix/glue the leak without cutting off the shutoff and going back to store to get a new one...

Moen push/pull crystal faucets hard to push/pull [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have Moen crystal looking single facuets (I don't like) that are about 7 years old, came with the new house. They started getting dirty and so I took the handles off and cleaned them with soap and a scum cleaner and used a screwdriver to get some of the "plaque" out. Now, even after...

View more questions Search